Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

And, if you were a bit more mature and not blind, you could try reading this again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
New update at official site presents a very interesting article with detailed description of several ingame trucks, produced by Freightliner, Sterling and Western Star.
You will find the article here.
What, do you think, phrase "several ingame trucks" mean? Does "several" equals "all"?

Nice info, by the way . And yeah, guys, haven't you played "King of the Road"? It's a sequel. It couldn't be the "real" simulator from the beginning. My expectations were, in fact, correct, so I'm still happily waiting for this game
Old 09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwx View Post
And, if you were a bit more mature and not blind, you could try reading this again:

What, do you think, phrase "several ingame trucks" mean? Does "several" equals "all"?

Nice info, by the way . And yeah, guys, haven't you played "King of the Road"? It's a sequel. It couldn't be the "real" simulator from the beginning. My expectations were, in fact, correct, so I'm still happily waiting for this game
Several means not all.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Nike it and other admins why dont you reply to the previous complaints and argues about the simulation (or better,looks as a kidgame) ? You have no words to say,even a SORRY?

Well,not for me though. I will still give this game a chance with full details and expert mode...hope the 6 gear with 2000rpm at 110mph will let me enjoy driving , even I might feel myself in my own car
Old 09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedettini View Post
Nike it and other admins why dont you reply to the previous complaints and argues about the simulation (or better,looks as a kidgame) ? You have no words to say,even a SORRY?

Well,not for me though. I will still give this game a chance with full details and expert mode...hope the 6 gear with 2000rpm at 110mph will let me enjoy driving , even I might feel myself in my own car
Why should admins be sorry? They're not developers... you should expect apology from developers. Anyway I don't see any reason for them to do that...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedettini View Post

R'n'R is Truck Simulator on the first place with complex physics and controls. To my opinion the game really differs from any racing game.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Oh God you people are complaining about this game again?

Once again i need to remind you all a few things:
- This is a GAME, this is not being made by a real trucking company to teach real truckers how to drive real trucks on the real California roads. No, this is a game merely focusing on those things, while trying to give you a realistic feel.

- It might be calling itself a sim, and that may infact be reason for you all to bitch and moan - But consider playing a 100% through and through trucking sim. It would be as boring as watching paint dry.
There wouldn't be any hookers for you to pick up like the real truckers would be doing. So goodluck staying awake while you play.
I must ask, if you are so desperate to drive a real truck, why don't you? Clearly you all know more about trucks than the developers could ever know, so why aren't you all working as truckers?..

- I know i already said this point, but you all seem oblivious so i thought it should be repeated.. This is a GAME, made by a company for a profit.
If they were actually stupid enough to make the game as realistic as you all want it to be, they could say goodbye to alot of their possible customers. Developers know that sometimes you must sacrifice some realism for some entertainment. They want money, they aren't trying to help the world to drive trucks.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 09-29-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
......so why aren't you all working as truckers?....
I am a real truck driver.

Oh and edit: Welldone you learnt how to bold

Edit: fixed my post... [/smugmode]

Last edited by nicknackpaddywack; 09-29-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
I am a real truck driver.

Oh and edit: Welldone you learnt how to bold
And you haven't learned, how to use quote .

Well, he has a point. In the end, if you want realistic experience, what can be more realistic, than driving a real truck? Most of us already know, that nicknackpaddywack is a trucker. And now I really got interested, why are you searching for a truck game? I mean, you should already spend a lot of time behind the wheel, do you really want to spend your free time simulating that same experience?

As Nokturnal said: stop moaning, everyone. The game has a purpose. If you don't like how the game came out, why do you waste your time visiting the forums and criticizing almost every aspect of it? That's just insane waste of time
Old 09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwx View Post
And you haven't learned, how to use quote .

......you should already spend a lot of time behind the wheel, do you really want to spend your free time simulating that same experience?

Im only 23, i got my license 2 years ago. I work for a road contractor. In winter i drive 4x4-8x8 gritter/snow plows and fulltime a 32ton motorway crash cusion. I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....

The reason im crusading... im also a fully qualified electronics engineer, and massive simulation fan. I build joysticks part time as a hobby for computers. I spent some time (about 5 minutes) designing a circuit for a gear box for a truck sim, and i have the parts to build a "truck cab"... ok so the steering wheel handbrake valve, a few important switches and a gear lever with all the relevent stuff to go with it.

Im sure that answers your question
Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
Im only 23, i got my license 2 years ago. I work for a road contractor. In winter i drive 4x4-8x8 gritter/snow plows and fulltime a 32ton motorway crash cusion. I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....

The reason im crusading... im also a fully qualified electronics engineer, and massive simulation fan. I build joysticks part time as a hobby for computers. I spent some time (about 5 minutes) designing a circuit for a gear box for a truck sim, and i have the parts to build a "truck cab"... ok so the steering wheel handbrake valve, a few important switches and a gear lever with all the relevent stuff to go with it.

Im sure that answers your question
That didn't really answer any question. That was just you talking about yourself for two paragaraphs.

You still haven't answered why you would want to play a truck driving sim if you are already driving trucks for a living - Even if this game was as realistic as any truck sim could ever be, it would never be the same as actually sitting behind the wheel. You know this.
As i said, an extremely realistic truck driving sim would be very dull, for the majority of people. Sure, a handful of people such as yourself might enjoy it, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they limited their audience to only hardcore truck-sim drivers.

Also i find it amusing that instead of trying to argue with any of my points you instead just mock me for using bold tags. Clever tactic.
What's the matter, can't think of any arguments because you know i'm right?

Continue your crusade if you insist, but it won't make a difference.
The game will be released the way they want it. They are trying to make money, they are not trying to train an army of truck drivers.
This is not an educational game, despite how much you people complain.

Oh and edit: I see you learnt how to use the full stop key. A bit too often though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack
I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....
Maybe you were too busy looking at truck magazines or designing joysticks in school, but most people learnt that you only need one full stop to end the sentence.

Last edited by Nokturnal; 09-29-2009 at 11:55 PM.