Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
somebody lazy translated the article
Thanks for info, now fixed

Last edited by Nike-it; 09-23-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
Omg. The more information, the more I think that this will flop. Tucks gear 6> lol, modeled poorly, physics> arcade paranormal ... ect. Sry. Truck sim lol.....crap. Where is Volvo, where is Internacional...........??? What makes sense to introduce the vehicles in the preview and others vehicles no? Chaos, mess, failure, ......

But thanks for the information !!!!!! Now I know that I do not want to play ....
I'm afraid I have to agree with you. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time (though not so long as some) and really believed that it was going to be a decent SIM, but the more we see of the game the more it appears to be just another arcade truck GAME. I'm not interested in playing a trucking GAME. I want a trucking SIM.

The fact that all trucks will only have 6 gears is a huge let down. Sure, a lot of trucks in real life have only 6 gears, but I'm sure most of the trucks that are in the game have more gears than that. And it would be so much fun to be able to use high & low range gears, by assigning a button!

What about clutch support? Has that been confirmed? 'Cause if there isn't going to be clutch support then I can forget about this game right away, it's garbage.

Another thing I'm wondering is what the gearshifting will be like. Will it be realistic - ie. it takes 1 to 2 seconds to engage the next gear; the driver lifts off the gas, engages the clutch, changes the gear, releases clutch, gets back on the gas, etc - or will it be instantaneous like it is in the 18WoS series? The trucks in those games shift faster than a F1 car, which totally ruins the effect of driving a truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
i dont like the sound of being timed for deliverys, i was hoping it was more like 18wos where u have as much time as you want to deliver, hopefully a trainer will be released by the cheat community to "stop time"
That's another thing I'm disappointed about. Okay, you can argue that in real life you usually have to deliver your cargo within a certain period of time, but it's not like you don't get paid at all if you deliver 1 minute too late, which will probably be the case in the game.

I gotta say, with the way things are looking at the moment, I'm definitely not gonna go out and buy the game when it comes out. I just don't think it will be worth it.

I think I'll just have to go look for something else. Wasn't there another trucking sim being developed somewhere? Called Headlight or something? Maybe that will be a proper sim... one can only hope.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

obsolum:
We are not alone. These are not just my personal reaction. I am part of a Czech community and this is the feeling expressed throughout this community. The whole community wants fans orthodox simulation alá "live for Trucking ".... We are tired of stupid games from SCS ......
I see the only chance of the game. Modifiability. I believe the community to remedy the error, because patches from developers expect to SoftLab, they can be bad again ....

Note: What does the indicator head lights on the remote screenshot??

http://62.152.60.202:7500/dev2/0/000/596/0000596219.fid

' "REAR" " head lights??: D lol. This is an internationalist symbol to be inverted! Or in Russia is the other way round?: D (((maintenance schedule is always registered as the left side of the vehicle !!!)))

explanation: http://www.autoskola-miltner.cz/img/...a099-99-69.jpg
Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

obsolum, the clutch is confirmed, plus if you use a G25 you can take the time you want to change gear
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Did Softlab ever say it will be a sim? I guess not and racing with trucks isn't really realistic, so I don't know what some of you complain about?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
obsolum, the clutch is confirmed, plus if you use a G25 you can take the time you want to change gear
Yeah, so that means I can shift gears in 0.2 seconds if I choose to? Let me see you do that in a real truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by movo. View Post
Did Softlab ever say it will be a sim? I guess not and racing with trucks isn't really realistic, so I don't know what some of you complain about?
Uh yes they did. It was always announced as "a realistic trucking game". Only about a year ago did they change the description to "truck racing game".
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

still a trucking GAME
Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
i want 18 gears though, i have the knowelage and abilty to build my own custom gear shifter and i just wish there was a way to do it, rignroll devs have been specific that the game WILL NOT MOD, Why?? this is just a pain, if you can make 6 gears.... you could make 18 too. but no. and they wont mod the game for the minority.... those of us who know how to build custom shifters.... nevermind... as it is to increase realism im building the following....

This will be a little consilation for the lack of gears
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Wtf!!!!

WHAT??? ONLY 3 TRUCK MAKERS?!?!?!?!?! now only 6 trucks in th whole game? where is kenworth. volvo, international, mack????? im still going to buy this game but i think it will get boring very quickly now just like 18wos games.... why did they have to get stupid branding, they should of just done what 18wos did and model trucks like real life models, but then just give them a different name like instead of international like call it continental and stuff like that. this game is now ruined to lack of trucks... and how stupid can they be to use a kenworth T2000 in the promotional video when they didnt even know they could put it in the game??? what a waste of 6 years...: evil::conf used:
Old 09-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesjs View Post
WHAT??? ONLY 3 TRUCK MAKERS?!?!?!?!?! now only 6 trucks in th whole game? where is kenworth. volvo, international, mack????? im still going to buy this game but i think it will get boring very quickly now just like 18wos games.... why did they have to get stupid branding, they should of just done what 18wos did and model trucks like real life models, but then just give them a different name like instead of international like call it continental and stuff like that. this game is now ruined to lack of trucks... and how stupid can they be to use a kenworth T2000 in the promotional video when they didnt even know they could put it in the game??? what a waste of 6 years...: evil::conf used:
if you weren´t blind, you would see this:
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=car