Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
Do you really think its going to be this easy to edit this game? Your gana need something far more advanced like 3Dstudio max.
as for 3ds max not really all zmodeler is basically is a watered down 3ds max with no render engine. I can do everything in zmod you can do in 3ds max except render. we need to be able to unpack the WDB files to even see the textures and mesh, then we figure out what needs to be used to mod the trucks.without mods this game will get old fast, 14 poorly modeled trucks to drive around a nicely rendered california.....

Last edited by evh5150vanhalen; 11-26-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

There is nothing wrong with that, why not just play the game and enjoy it? Why must people feel they have to edit it? Hard Truck games were never edited and they brought years of enjoyment.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtruckisthebest View Post
edit/ seriously, how do you spend 10 years making some video game and then Fail at it so completely.. Some tiny selection of 14 vehicles, no multiplayer, not even pedestrians on the sidewalk, letters backwards on trailers.. And the worst thing is that the game was actually BETTER 4 years ago then it is now. EPIC EPIC FAIL.
You just showed us all, that you haven't followed game development at all - most of the things were already discussed hundreds of times, and everything was explained pretty clearly. Plus, you seem to have no understanding, how game development works .

Let me explain some points, mister. Major portion of development resources was swallowed by the game world - you have to admit it, it's huge. It obviously was bigger challenge, than the developers anticipated. So, because of the work needed on this world developers had to delay the game. Then, when you have some very cool ideas (like pedestrians, multiplayer), that require quite much resources, but are not really vital, you have to take the hard decision, and let some of those features go. Either that, or you'll end up working several years more. Do I make myself clear?
The game was better 4 years ago? And what on Earth makes you say that?

I'm sorry, but that is very, very lame reproach.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Approved Member

Some new screens from game can be seen here:
http://www.db-3.ru/screens
Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwx View Post
You just showed us all, that you haven't followed game development at all - most of the things were already discussed hundreds of times, and everything was explained pretty clearly. Plus, you seem to have no understanding, how game development works .

Let me explain some points, mister. Major portion of development resources was swallowed by the game world - you have to admit it, it's huge. It obviously was bigger challenge, than the developers anticipated. So, because of the work needed on this world developers had to delay the game. Then, when you have some very cool ideas (like pedestrians, multiplayer), that require quite much resources, but are not really vital, you have to take the hard decision, and let some of those features go. Either that, or you'll end up working several years more. Do I make myself clear?
The game was better 4 years ago? And what on Earth makes you say that?

I'm sorry, but that is very, very lame reproach.
You obviously dont know who hardtruck is do ya? Why dont you just go sit down, youre making yourself look bad. /facepalm

Last edited by GinXeng; 11-26-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Default Now what?

the question is what game shops will be selling it in North America? Now that we know today is the Russian version of the game.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodsimdude View Post
the question is what game shops will be selling it in North America? Now that we know today is the Russian version of the game.
We are planning to have the game on all major digital distribution platforms like Steam, GamersGate and others.
Retail copies should be available afterwards.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Link for MTV show "Icon of videogames". It was already posted by pook but now in better quality.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Old 11-28-2009, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

The Russian 1c forum is taking questions and suggestions on what to include in a patch to fix problems in RnR.

http://forums.games.1c.ru/index.php?...msg_id=2304269