Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Some Answers to Questions Updated 09/09/04

It's from truckpol, originaly tranlsated by member thebandit991. I'll keep this thread updated as more news comes for those who don't visit truckpol

*Sleeping will not be required (it will be optional)

*Due to licensing issues there have been some changes in the pool of vehicles that will be present in the final product

*Graphics will undoubtedly be better in the finished game than in the video demonstrations we have seen thus far

*There will be greater variety of AI cars and trucks driving around in the game environment (you won't see two cars that are exactly the same driving behind one another)

*The representative alluded to the fact that it is possible to have a punctured/flat tire

*There have been a lot of changes in the game since the video demonstration from Gamespot was made

*There will be mafia in the game (further details of mechanics and what role it will play and how the player can interact were spared)

*You will not be able to get out of your truck wherever you want (you will see the driver exit the vehicle and perform some action in predetermined instances i.e fueling up, going into a bar or your company HQ)

*Questions regarding simulation mode will be addressed in the interview. However, it was stated that the player can turn off all races and simply deliver loads.

*Players will have the option of changing the way damage appears in the game (from off, to cosmetic, to full... something along those lines)

*The jerking and abrupt movements of cars involved in collisions has been fixed

*The problem with the interior view and steering wheel not turning when the truck turns has been fixed

*Players will be able to adjust mirrors

*Turn signals are functional and in certain situations using them will create a response from the AI

*Intelligent AI (the person responding to the questions described on one of the occasions that he played the game, the competitor in front of him would not let him pass by manuvering and active blocking

*One fan asked whether there will be an additional patch or addon pack that will make the game higher quality (update textures/shaders) for newer hardware and operating systems. The response from the staff there was that all this will be included in the finished game itself (so I'm guessing they are in the process of updating the shader model to 3.0 and it will work with Vista/7 and DX10)

*A question was asked in regard to wet weather conditions (rain) and the staff responded that the effect is very detailed: there will be individual puddles, drops flying off the wheels, and a trail of water will be coming off from behind the trailer like in real life

*To dispell some rumors it was officially stated that the player will NOT be able to purchase and drive vehicles other than tractors that comprise general traffic (so no Silverado, F350, or any other passenger vehicle)

*Responding staff alluded to an addon pack that will extend the map to Las Vegas, Nevada and possibly further. It is being considered and worked on at this time. Further details were spared.

*In the gameplay videos we've seen the presenter briefly open up the game's world map on several occasions. The staff on the community site is assuring that we did NOT see the full map. The full map (whether in screenshots or a new trailer) will be revealed in the next two weeks.

*The average speed of the tractors in the game is 70mph.

*The weather cycle used in the game has been taken from an actual period of time in California (possibly over a year) and this cycle will go from beginning to end and then restart with the progressions of time. In-game time will start off from January 2010 and progress forward.

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 09-04-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 08-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Default from Where is the answer

from Where is the answer ?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhui2009 View Post
from Where is the answer ?
Read everything again, and you'll find the answer

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 08-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Awesome, thanks for the answers Freak of Nature!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movo. View Post
Awesome, thanks for the answers Freak of Nature!
Well, I'm not the one who translated them, but thanks anyway

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 08-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Here are some more answers to questions available:

1. I noticed looking at the International 9900i that it lists two different sleepers. Will we be able to change a truck's sleeper ingame?

YES

2. Will the game be shown at Igromir this year? I know the expo will occur right before the game's release. At what other events will it be shown?

It is possible, but is not a fact. It is still being debated.

3. In regard to the police: will it see every violation the player makes? Even if there were no police vehicles nearby when the player has caused an accident?

No. If there are no police vehicles in the vicinity you will not get into trouble for violating the law/crashing. However... this is true only as long as you do not just keep standing at the scene of the accident/violation... the AI traffic has the ability to report your behavior to the police.

4. Will there be other locations besides the warehouse where the player will be able to pick up a load? Will loading there be done automatically as in the warehouse or will the player be able to back up to the trailer and press "T" or some other button to connect the trailer?

The player will be able to pick up his/her own load.

5. Will the player have to purchase special permits and cargo endorsements to transport special loads (hazardous materials for example)?

I cannot reveal that just yet. Sorry.

6. How will the process of hiring drivers? Will it be the same as in Hard Truck 2 (you have to be the first to deliver a competitive load and receive a permit to hire a driver that expires)?

Yes, I think so.. but in Rig N Roll there is a complex social/communication system that awaits us, so there will be some variation.

7. Can you tell us what manufacturer's engines will be available in the game? such as Detroit Diesels, Caterpillar and the like. Will these motors each have the sound of their real world models? Like a different sound between a detroit and Cummins diesel?

I cannot go into details just now. Not because I do not want to but because it will be revealed in some sort of upcoming media (trailer/screenshot).

8. Are there more trailers than have been shown on the official website and screenshots/trailers? Is it possible to have doubles (two smaller trailers attached at once)?

Yes, there are more trailers than shown on the official site. In regard to doubles, I do not understand what you mean... can you give an example?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

are you able to see your hired drivers on the map like in king of the road and is there also a "powerbutton" if you press shift?
shift or strg (ctrl) i don´t no anymore.

Last edited by DaWolf; 08-04-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: shift or strg (ctrl) i don´t no anymore
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for bringing this information into forums, Freak Of Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf View Post
are you able to see your hired drivers on the map like in king of the road and is there also a "powerbutton" if you press shift?
shift or strg (ctrl) i don´t no anymore.
If I remember it right, developers said somewhere, that there we will have Ctrl (power) button
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Will you be able to smuggle illegal goods and contraband for a higher yield? (But run the risk of being caught by the police? (And try to avoid the cops))
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknisse View Post
Will you be able to smuggle illegal goods and contraband for a higher yield? (But run the risk of being caught by the police? (And try to avoid the cops))
As far as I know, you can't.