Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Nice screens, they finally seem to understand what AA is
Old 05-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

So guys its been confirmed by Nike-it. Any other questions? Who else doesn't believe eh?

I can of course get confirmation from Igor Belago.

Just in time, I bought an awesome top of the line video card.

I find it hilarious that after so many years, when the day finally came nobody believes. LMFAO!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Approved Member

Very nice screens, the peterbilt 387 looks so great, and damn I want to drive that Blue Kenworth T600, My all company will drive these trucks . Developers should update site With big and bold advertisement: "RIG"N"ROLL WILL BE RELEASED ON 27TH NOVEMBER 2009" And post many new screens or even make a new 2009 trailer to show how the game changed since 2008 year Igromir since when we last seen R'n'R gameplay and of course with sound for bigger effect. Admin could you send my requiest to your Boss? (I think it's Igor. Isn't he? )
Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

I know the person in charge of rignroll.com. I will email him and ask why they have not posted the date yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
I know the person in charge of rignroll.com. I will email him and ask why they have not posted the date yet.
Thanks, also ask him to try to get us new stuff (You know what I mean I've mentioned above)
Old 05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Well they got us new screenshots. Let them spend time working on the game in my opinion.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well they got us new screenshots. Let them spend time working on the game in my opinion.
Do as you want But I wouldn't mind if they made a 2009 trailer, I thin they will to advertise the game before release. Maybe Nike-it know if this may happen?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng View Post
Because they are full of shit. I guess you haven't been around as long as I have to know these guys change release dates more then they do with their underwear. Which is pretty strange, seeing as most of them are rumored to be incontinent
Well, I think I've been long enough. Lets see, when I started following this game development, I was still at school... So that makes it at least 2005/2006. Believe me, I know how long it takes for them to create the game. The thing you should pay attention to, is that every past date was only approximate, so, they only hoped to finish the game until that time. Now, the game is clearly close to an end (remember the letter from Igor, where he said, that some copies of game was handed out to test it?), and they gonna make that deadline. Think about it .

More personal question: have you ever overestimated your capabilities to finish some sort of a task? Have you ever had and ambitious "project" or something? And when you come to that realization, that you can't make it in time, you can choose several pathways to proceed:
1. Give up - you can just give up, and screw the whole project. It's just impossible.
2. Compromise - you can make compromises, lower your ambitions, leave out things, that could have made your project really special, but finish the work. And have something average.
3. Don't give up on your initial goal - you can go, and try to complete everything that was intended the best you can. And that's the hardest thing to do.

I actually don't know, how much does this Rig'n'Roll situation obey this situation I've made up. But I would be happy to know, that guys chose 3rd path (well, I believe some compromises had to be made anyway), witch to me seems they did.

And Nike-it: I want international release date soon! Oh my, we need this game as much as the Russian public does . My, oh my
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwx View Post

More personal question: have you ever overestimated your capabilities to finish some sort of a task? Have you ever had and ambitious "project" or something? And when you come to that realization, that you can't make it in time, you can choose several pathways to proceed:
1. Give up - you can just give up, and screw the whole project. It's just impossible.
2. Compromise - you can make compromises, lower your ambitions, leave out things, that could have made your project really special, but finish the work. And have something average.
3. Don't give up on your initial goal - you can go, and try to complete everything that was intended the best you can. And that's the hardest thing to do.
I understand what you are saying, and I have been there too. But this is not some little hack you do when you get home from school.
Do you know what Software Engineering is?
I don't think these guys do, but that is why it doesn't take three years to test a developed game for other game studios. All the things you describe, and much more, is part of the software engineering process, and you do all that BEFORE you start implementing the code. You make a plan on exactly what should be implemented, how it should be implemented, how it should be tested etc. When you start implementing, you already know exactly what to do, and that phase is the part that takes the least time. And because you know exactly what to do, you also know how long it will take.

Of course, its more complicated than this, but if you have done your software engineering homework properly you will have a chance to make the deadline. If you haven't, you are doomed to break it.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
And a comment from Igor would be great. . I bet he is so relieved now.