Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

This is just ridiculous, when I first was told about this game back in 2001 I was only 13 years old. Now I am 21 and driving a real truck in life and still this game not out yet.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng
This is just ridiculous, when I first was told about this game back in 2001 I was only 13 years old. Now I am 21 and driving a real truck in life and still this game not out yet.
Well, this is a little bit of exaggeration.

King of the road was released in 2002. by JoWooD, I know because I reviewed it.

Every game needs 2 years at least. Since this was big project then 3 years.
So before late 2005. this game could not have been released.

It is late 2+ years at least.

Basically they don't have much time until it becomes Duke Nukem Takes Forever and they know it. I am glad that they responded and that they are aware of this "syndrome".

I am not truck driver but glad to see so many truck drivers fans of this game. That is telling much about this game haha.
My friend is truck driver and I am sure that he will buy this game when he see it on my PC.

Mario
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinXeng
Well, this is a little bit of exaggeration.

King of the road was released in 2002. by JoWooD, I know because I reviewed it.

Every game needs 2 years at least. Since this was big project then 3 years.
So before late 2005. this game could not have been released.

It is late 2+ years at least.

Basically they don't have much time until it becomes Duke Nukem Takes Forever and they know it. I am glad that they responded and that they are aware of this "syndrome".

I am not truck driver but glad to see so many truck drivers fans of this game. That is telling much about this game haha.
My friend is truck driver and I am sure that he will buy this game when he see it on my PC.

Mario
It is not bit of exaggeration this game was annouced in 2001 back when the trucksims forum was still around.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

[/quote]It is not bit of exaggeration this game was annouced in 2001 back when the trucksims forum was still around.[/quote]

Announced and put to work are two different things.

JoWooD released King of the Road game in June 2002. or so... they also had some patch to make.

BTW, if you go at site of Softlab you can see that they make some space simulators, music editing tools etc... only on old version of the site you can find and that not so easily that they make truck sims as well.

So what this tell you?

This tell you that they are NOT working only on Rig'n'Roll and that it is ONLY a ONE project of many they have.

Possibly that is the reason for delays. They have shifted workforce around and that caused delay of Rig'n'Roll, obviously they had priority on other projects.

So yes delay is big but how much time did they effectively worked on a game??? When such big delays occurs I wouldn't be suprised that for some time work was COMPLETELY stopped on a game. Or it was progressing with snail pace with only few people working on it while others made Space simulators or I don't know what.

Immature from them and not proffesional toward gaming community and fans and publisher - but maybe they had short term money making contracts to fullfil or go out of business.

Evgeny just helping you in PR.

Mario
Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

I played Kotr in 2004...Since then any good patch released?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinoo
I played Kotr in 2004...Since then any good patch released?
I don't know... Didn't even applied any patch on Kotr.

I admit I didn't played kotr too much and I sucked at this game. I have suceesfully delivered few times cargo and been through all the map, met mafia, admired beautifull scenery - bridges, weather, night effect, rain...
Game is very relaxing and I actually enjoyed driving a truck as much that silly may be LOL haha.

In fact, I like racing games but I am not very good at them. This game is just different.

What I didn't liked in Kotr is competition that was too agressive and made damage to my cargo. Cargo is not porculain to be damaged just like that inside truck. In any way i would prefer that competition is smarter, game is trying to be simulation and you must obey the rules in driving a truck and then silly ai tries to push you out of road. This is crazy and fantasy.

And guys bear with 1C. We can give them deadline of 1st Quater of 2008. to release the game.

I will not buy the game after that. I will just boycott it. If all fans tell them this then they will think about putting 2008. release date and making jokes with us year after year. 1Q of 2008. is all the time I am prepared to give them. I am tired of incompetent game developers that make games for 5 or 7 years.

Many companies have mistreated the fans and that was not good for them. Fans are forgiving to one point and then...

Mario
Old 10-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Nothing left to be said, I agree with every word on Bloodstar's post
Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagman_20
Nothing left to be said, I agree with every word on Bloodstar's post
Thanks Flagman
Old 10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Woah ... I have just found out/read the story about 'Duke Nukem Forever' ... guys, that game is in development for TEN FAT years This equals FOREVER. Oh my God. After that I'm starting to think we've not seen any suffering at all ! We're just starting to suffer! I mean come on ... at least we have quite a lot of info on Rig'n'Roll and screenshots, even some videos, in comparision with what Duke Nukem Forever fans have - one tiny screenshot 200x125 pixels for what, the past 4 years?? Jeeeesus! And they get a plain "It's done when it's done" answer to the question "when is it going to be released?". I think the attitude is far worse there than it is here.

I found out about this game (DNF) just now but there's no way I'm going to attach to those poor folks in their quest for the moment of the release of the game... scary

So ... knowing that, and also knowing a couple of other projects which have been or are still in development for an indefinite amount of time (S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Racing Legends, Duke Nukem Forever, etc..) I say that 2008 might very well be not the last year of waiting ... Considering the fact there's still no pure and real evidence of completeness of the game...

Sorry ... it's just that I've just had a good laugh of DNF fans commenting the spoof trailer videos on YouTube
Old 10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

JOleg
Maybe that's true...
But we've been waiting for long now also. Rig'n'Roll fans have at least something that make us know that the game is still in development.
I'd think that the game had been cancelled if I only hade one pic for the past ten years.
10 years is forever, but 5/6 years are VERY long also.

Oh, and on other thing about the realease date: "It's done when it's done" is not much different that "Maybe it will be done in 2008" These are my thoughts though.