Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
if you won't go back then why not upgrade to something better like ubuntu 9.10

but then if some people choose to remain blind..
Hmmmm ubuntu is better than windows?? i completely disagree, it took an hour just to get flash player installed, i have attempted to install ETS but gave up after half hour.

How can any operating system where you have to keep manually inputting commands and have to go through 20 different processes just to get 1 program installed be better than windows, also in one of my previous posts, i touched on the compatibility problems of vista, ubuntu is far worse, for example, will R'n'R even install on ubuntu, and if it did will it work?

after a clean istall of windows all i have to do is load youtube, it tells me i need to update flash, i click the link and its done, all ubuntu has done is made me appreciate windows 7 even more.

Last edited by Rob_G; 01-08-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G View Post
Hmmmm ubuntu is better than windows?? i completely disagree, it took an hour just to get flash player installed, i have attempted to install ETS but gave up after half hour.

How can any operating system where you have to keep manually inputting commands and have to go through 20 different processes just to get 1 program installed be better than windows, also in one of my previous posts, i touched on the compatibility problems of vista, ubuntu is far worse, for example, will R'n'R even install on ubuntu, and if it did will it work?

after a clean istall of windows all i have to do is load youtube, it tells me i need to update flash, i click the link and its done, all ubuntu has done is made me appreciate windows 7 even more.
Haha, that's Linux for you Yet its users keep insisting that it's far better and -get this - easier to use (haha) than Windows
Old 01-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
will R'n'R even install on ubuntu, and if it did will it work?
The answer is NO, and hardly any game will install in Linux, as it uses a completly different way of work internally
Old 01-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

So if this is the case how can ubuntu be superior to widows? i spent £1500 on my pc for 1 reason, to play games so i think i would rather remain blind thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
Haha, that's Linux for you Yet its users keep insisting that it's far better and -get this - easier to use (haha) than Windows
well i consider myself an advanced pc user, i can build and repair pc's and i can use windows with no difficulty whatsoever but ubuntu is so confusing, i admit it runs very smoothly and there are a few areas where microsoft should take note for the next version of windows, i myself will stick with what i know.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Linux would be very useful in notebooks, where you need only Firefox and VLC and save battery, but in desktop computers is a no-sense IMO
Old 01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
So if this is the case how can ubuntu be superior to widows? i spent £1500 on my pc for 1 reason, to play games so i think i would rather remain blind thanks.
I spent $400 on my pc and do the same thing. maybe my screen is not as big, my video card not as noisy, I understand completely but you shouldn't be obliged to hold up some illusion and lie to yourself that you have the best when you dont even have anything to compare it to. Like many others I dual boot, Windows is purely for the newest games though technically you can run win emulation in linux to get games to work, but the main problem is graphics drivers (especially from ati) & direct x effects. "Manually imputing commands" is not a problem for me, in fact I love it. It brings me back to the days of dos. When Windows 3.1 arrived you'd usually have to restart to dos to play games because Windows was too buggy. It had the same bugs version after version for 10 years (and ran under dos), despite huge profits and a massive workforce, so how can I like Microsoft? But I don't dislike them more than Apple, or Intel or many others. Because Microsofts programs are all free, you can't pirate hardware. Best example XP was cracked 20+ days before it even launched and I can use that same serial key today and update to ServicePack3 from their website. No I'm not being an idealist for computer things, or a linux elitist or one of those nerds, I care about bigger things in life. But I don't like to be spied on, by the N$@, h0m3l@nd s3c^r!ty or whoever. They already raid our servers, monitor everything on internet, is that not enough? they have to scan every one of my mp3s? maybe when the next-gen Microsoft integrated house products come to market, I can simply connect my brain to have my thoughts uploaded. I don't like the demeaning cookie cutter ideology which underestimates our intelligence. We are already all tools & slaves, but when you get on your computer you're the master of the machine. You're supposed to be doing the "programming". That's how it used to be, why should I bow down to this shit for some cheesy features which apple's os probably had 3 years ago and linux had before that. there are many versions of linux, each build for a niche, and they are constantly being improved. its unfair to try it once and make conclusions, when you said yourself vista was horrible compared to 7, and that's despite the fact that you had been using windows for years. i wasn't trying to sell linux but rather scolding him for upgrading to the newest trends on an aging system! i acknowledge that win7 not only looks good because of exceeding low expectations (after the disastrous vista), or because the timing of 64-bit transition was better, but that it's an actually good system. i simply meant that if you have an old computer the last thing you need is the latest bloatware, even if 7 is not a system hog which is super, there hasn't been the first service pack.

btw speaking of flash player, i think that's adobe's problem. they changed everything to downloader clients and such and as an unintended? consequence are helping to tank linux and its new users. ubuntu for example has no compatibility with photoshop, instead they developed one that's BETTER. but photoshop is adobe's breadbasket. in the 90s photoshop was over $500. i don't know how much it costs now but business is business. extortion is the name of the game, just like intel did to dell. those who suffer are ofcourse the users like us.

Last edited by doordie; 01-09-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
windows 7 is garbage but i've read that rig'n'roll wasn't made to run under winXP ???
Quote:
i acknowledge that win7 not only looks good because of exceeding low expectations (after the disastrous vista), or because the timing of 64-bit transition was better, but that it's an actually good system.
going from garbage to a good system within a few posts...that's wonderful

oh and btw what was this topic about again? aaah i remember now, and it definitely wasn't about any conspiracy theory. i don't see the connection between any intelligence underestimating ideology and rignroll's performance, do you?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
going from garbage to a good system within a few posts...that's wonderful

oh and btw what was this topic about again? aaah i remember now, and it definitely wasn't about any conspiracy theory. i don't see the connection between any intelligence underestimating ideology and rignroll's performance, do you?
Exactly and as ubuntu does not even run R'n'R i don't see why it was mentioned in the first place.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

welcome to internet forums babies. no body can put every thought in his head into text. i use keyboard to type not dictation through microphone, but even with such things and limitless time no one would be fully willing. taking things out of context to win some meaningless debate is the sign of immaturity. well babies, maybe its time to grow up. the point was helping this kid run the game, not argue about opensource. microsoft has largely held a monopoly for decades, now competition has caused it to try to release decent products (good in some respects). and you're rooting for them. it's like rooting for real madrid, please get off it, you tools. do you have microsoft stock? it's especially pathetic since i wasn't preaching a rival operating system but XP! and I use 2000 Professional on my older pc

your reasoning.
I said 7 was garbage.
you took this personally, coming from someone you never talked to or met before, and defended it was the greatest thing since sliced bread on the basis that it was much better than vista (also a microsoft product). and someone said i was missing a lot and yet chose to remain blind. well, what am i missing that's so great lads?? 24/7 "updating"? the latest effects in far cry 2? i think i'm gaining much more than i'm missing using the likes of ubuntu 9.10

so then rob decides to try it. uses it for 1 hr, has trouble with adobe flash player and concludes its garbage (and thats not taking it out of context) because it requires the use of the brain on the side of the user while he didnt use it long enough to see loads of benefits such as customization. maybe you should try Kubuntu rob, since you like windows style so much. and it's true, many of its users are educated in computer science and you may not want to take a class just to learn an operating system but the ubuntu forums have super support, you can get 10 knowledgeable responses in a few minutes.

boy this is depressing, not just because we're arguing on some off-topic thing, but the foundation of the argument is flawed because win 7 would win by default, no matter how good or bad it was. simply thrilling! why even play rig n roll when we have this.

by the way i also called intel garbage, but was being much more sincere. nobody called me up on that, is it because you agree with me? is it because amd does the same thing (even games), while not charging $100 extra for the logo. i think it would of made a better argument, not because its one i could win, but because the kid who had trouble might get some actual benefit when buying a new computer.

btw, are you novalogic fan? what "conspiracy", "theories"? what a surprise if you dont value civil rights.

Last edited by doordie; 01-11-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Closed Thread