Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Default Performance

Hi,
I installed the russian version of the game today and I'm having serious problems with my computers performance. It's strange, because my computer passed the performance test at begining and I'm playing GTA IV for example pretty smoothly. But Rig 'n' Roll is basicly unplayable even on the lowest details. I'm using Windows 7 x86, GeForce 9800 GTX+, Pentium 4 HT, 2 GB RAM. Are you having similar problems or is it just me?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRipper View Post
Hi,
I installed the russian version of the game today and I'm having serious problems with my computers performance. It's strange, because my computer passed the performance test at begining and I'm playing GTA IV for example pretty smoothly. But Rig 'n' Roll is basicly unplayable even on the lowest details. I'm using Windows 7 x86, GeForce 9800 GTX+, Pentium 4 HT, 2 GB RAM. Are you having similar problems or is it just me?
A Pentium 4 HT... is that a Core2Duo? Or an actual Pentium 4? 'Cause a Pentium 4 is pretty dated these days.

Windows 7 x86... that's 32bit?

I can play the game fine on my Core2Duo 2.4 with the same graphics card, same memory and same OS (Win7 32bit). I just kept the settings that the game chose at initial startup (not the highest), I run the game at 1680*1050. If your CPU is a Pentium 4 then I'm guessing that's the bottleneck in your system. But then it would surprise me you can run GTA 4 fine
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Pentium 4 HT isn't dual core yet, but it somehow simulates to have two cores or something like that, it has 3 GHz..but i guess you're right, it must be the CPU. I can't run GTA 4 absolutely well and it's getting worse with rain, fog etc. but at least i'm able to play it, even at 1920x1080. Anyway, looks like I'll have to upgrade my computer.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

it's difficult to say what the culprit is when there is difficulty running games, even more difficult when it didn't happen to us. yes your p4 is outdated now but perhaps its not the prime problem. over-clock it a bit and see if gameplay improves a little, if it does i suppose that will give you the answer. windows 7 is garbage but i've read that rig'n'roll wasn't made to run under winXP ???

you have a good video card. keep your hard drive and maybe your power-supply will work too. go buy an amd dual core 65w (saves power @_@) cpu for $50-70, 3.0ghz or whatever. and an asus motherboard (~$70) to go with it. get a good one to leave room for upgrading to a phenom black edition. or just buy that right away =-D. the x3 might be the best value (sometimes you can unlock the 4th core. actually sometimes even those sold as x2' end up being completely stable under 4). but at the end of the day its all pointless. usually the only thing that people tax their system with is games and games (i think still) only use 2 cores. thats why intel sells duo extreme for gaming.

well if you buy cpu + mobo then all you need is 2gb or more of ddr2/ddr3 ram, and you can run crysis not just rig n' roll

computers are very cheap now when compared to 10 years ago, especially if you stay away from that intel garbage.

but before you convince your mom you need a new computer to play games O_O update your nvidia drivers. drivers are everything...especially when you have ati.

Last edited by doordie; 01-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
(...) windows 7 is garbage (...)
Lol, Windows 7 is by far the best operating system Microsoft have made since XP, and it far surpasses it in virtually all aspects, if run on a computer that's fit to run it. But... I'm not gonna go into that discussion again because I know from experience that it's pointless; people who are blind will choose to remain blind Stick with XP if you're happy with it.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRipper View Post
Pentium 4 HT isn't dual core yet, but it somehow simulates to have two cores or something like that, it has 3 GHz..but i guess you're right, it must be the CPU. I can't run GTA 4 absolutely well and it's getting worse with rain, fog etc. but at least i'm able to play it, even at 1920x1080. Anyway, looks like I'll have to upgrade my computer.
No way! GTA 4 with a single core Pentium 4 "absolutely well"?! On 640*480 and all settings set on low?!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
Lol, Windows 7 is by far the best operating system Microsoft have made since XP, and it far surpasses it in virtually all aspects, if run on a computer that's fit to run it. But... I'm not gonna go into that discussion again because I know from experience that it's pointless; people who are blind will choose to remain blind Stick with XP if you're happy with it.
Well said. I also agree with you. Vista is too much of a CPU hog, and XP is way out-dated. Your point is valid.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

i use windows 7 x64, there are still a few compatibility issues but it is far superior to vista in so many ways, there is no way i could go back to any other os now.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

if you won't go back then why not upgrade to something better like ubuntu 9.10

but then if some people choose to remain blind..
Old 01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
if you won't go back then why not upgrade to something better like ubuntu 9.10

but then if some people choose to remain blind..
i do not choose to remain blind, i had simply never heard of it, i am downloading it as we speak.
Closed Thread