Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

Spot on,
honestly some people just can't be bothered looking for an answer on their own. RNR will probably be released before ETS.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndru View Post
RNR will probably be released before ETS.
Really? That would be a pleasant surprise. SCS are aiming to release ETS somewhere around half 2008 (according to their site) so I'm guessing June or July. Seeing as the release date for RnR now is September 2008 I would expect ETS to be released first. And that's assuming that RnR actually does get released in September, and I'll have to see that before I believe it.

And then there's also the question of availability concerning RnR. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but will RnR be available for online purchase, the way SCS games are? If not, you first have to find a store that has RnR in stock and since 1C aren't a huge company I'm thinking RnR won't be on the shelves in every game store in every country.

I think the easy online purchase option of the SCS is an important reason for their success. Of course, those games are a lot smaller in size than RnR will be. I can imagine that downloading a game of several gigabytes isn't an option for some people.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

ETS is going to be a load of gash just like all the 18wos titles. RnR should be amazing.

if ETS isnt as rubbish as i think then i will eat my hat
Old 03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
ETS is going to be a load of gash just like all the 18wos titles.
You're probably right, although I must say that the screenshots on the ETS site look really good. Physics wise and gameplay wise I doubt anything has changed, though. BUT... at least with SCS you can be sure that they release their stuff. And unfortunately there are virtually no other truck sims at all so SCS kind of have a monopoly there.

If RnR ever does get released AND it's as good as we all hope it is, then I doubt anyone would bother with SCS truck games anymore. We'll have to wait until RnR is released, though.

I have to say that currently I'm more looking forward to ETS than RnR simply because I don't believe that RnR will get released this year. I don't care what anyone says, they've been postponing the release for years on end now. Like I said before: I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknackpaddywack View Post
RnR should be amazing.
It SHOULD, but that doesn't mean it WILL
Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
You're probably right, although I must say that the screenshots on the ETS site look really good. Physics wise and gameplay wise I doubt anything has changed, though. BUT... at least with SCS you can be sure that they release their stuff. And unfortunately there are virtually no other truck sims at all so SCS kind of have a monopoly there.

If RnR ever does get released AND it's as good as we all hope it is, then I doubt anyone would bother with SCS truck games anymore. We'll have to wait until RnR is released, though.

I have to say that currently I'm more looking forward to ETS than RnR simply because I don't believe that RnR will get released this year. I don't care what anyone says, they've been postponing the release for years on end now. Like I said before: I'll believe it when I see it.

It SHOULD, but that doesn't mean it WILL
yeah true
Old 03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

That is the problem with announcing games too early. People get excited about it, but do not want to wait longer than about 3 months for it to be released.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GargantulaKon View Post
That is the problem with announcing games too early. People get excited about it, but do not want to wait longer than about 3 months for it to be released.
I don't really think the problem is that people don't want to wait. It's just that in this case many people have been waiting for so long now - we're not talking about a couple of months here but about YEARS - and have been disappointed time and time again every time the predicted release date was postponed by months, that they are beginning to lose their patience and trust in the developers. And rightfully so if you ask me.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, I was talking about the really impatient people.