Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

why would i want to try kubuntu, and who cares of ubuntu is customizable, if i cant run any games,

The ubuntu forums are really good! i posted 2 days ago and am still waiting for response for the problem i was having, (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ghlight=hd4870 ) havn't had problems with windows that i need help with,

In my opinion ubuntu and the likes are free for a reason, because nobody would be prepared to pay for it, i know i wouldn't, but i bought windows 7 and have not regretted my purchase for a second.

And intel are garbage, that why i have always used AMD, i now have a Phenom II x4

Last edited by Rob_G; 01-11-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Approved Member

it runs games. games designed specifically for linux market, and more and more universal dvd releases (win/mac/linux). it can also run using certain programs most games but some take more work than others. that forum is the official one, seemed to be better before. you should go to the unofficial official ones, i forgot the site as i haven't been there in a while. but what i'm about to tell you will make you very happy. ati should be avoided if you're running linux. ati treats their workers like sh*t especially after amd bought them. as such, their products are a mess until 6months to a year after when they catch up on drivers. this leaves little room for helping the 5-10% linux users. and of course like any computer company making billions of dollars, they want to fight open source as much as they can, as they can see it steadily growing, even though they're a hardware company! @_@

i think you can download kubuntu add-on where you downloaded updates.
in my opinion if linux wasn't free just cheap it would be more widespread. apple even in the days before intel processors when you literally couldn't open a folder without the system hanging with that weird empty box (their version of blue screen of death) it was wildly popular and people would pay more for that than a windows based pc. a lot of people fear linux like its a communist trap

Last edited by doordie; 01-11-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

again, none of what you said helps out the topic stater with his problem. it was obvious that his outdated cpu was the problem here and even if it wasn't, how is linux going to help him run rignroll better?

take you personal crusade against the big bad evil world elsewhere because youre not going to win many souls here

also, if you do decide to write another one of your rants, why not go for a little more coherence?
Old 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

If you take Doordie's advice, your in for a wake-up call. I have been reading his posting, and referred them to some top-notch computer techs, and what he states is opinionated, and most certainly not accurate.

These tech's are from Wall Street firms that also love playing games. They also state that his comments are full of double-talk, and contradictions. Let him rant. He's only making a fool of himself.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

hahaha! so funny i didn't even say very much for their to be "holes" in my.. opinion? isn't that obvious. or did you mistake it for an article in a serious computer journal.
there's no such thing as computer tech, or is it a self appointed position for twats. in todays era where every idiot has a computer and since this is the information age, it's easy to get big headed and easy to substitute experience & knowledge for bullshit.
wall street, that just makes me want to hit a brick wall. i could write A LOT about how incredibly stupid it sounded to mention them but it might hurt those jerks' feelings. what to say to your random response, i thought the conversation was already over. i have a close relative who worked at microsoft, others work at google/youtube, another has his own company. if you only knew the idiots who work at these places. smart people are hard to find, they are not concentrated in any vocation. most programmers are nothing special, and you can even have jackass doctors. i dont consider myself a computer expert, i chose a different path from basically my whole family but comparing operating systems for "daily life" isn't a complex issue and since you are so much better than me why not answer the question i posed. what am i missing without windows 7? in a year when all the games with direct x 11 come out, maybe then something tangible?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
there's no such thing as computer tech, or is it a self appointed position for twats.
Here in New York (and I'm sure in other states) there are many schools that offer Computer Technology or Programming classes. On the door to my wifes Wall Street firm there is a sign in the Operations Office door that states: "Computer Tech Support - Authorized Personnel Only". I guess I must be seeing things. One can only surmise that the people in there must be Computer Techs.

You came on this thread insulting people that use W7, calling it garbage, and the people that use it blind, and that they should use Ubuntu. This system is geared for people that like to tweak their system, and get in depth. It's not made for the average person. Ubuntu is not better, or worse then W7, just different. On another post you called W7 good. Hmm, garbage, or good. I'm confused.

Then you chastise Rob G that tried it for a couple of hours, and stated that he didn't like. It only takes me a couple of hours to decide if I am comfortable with a system too. We're not all tweakers, and other systems suit us better.

Never have I seen someone write so much, and say so little (or say it incoherently as Novatekk put it). Your go on rants that people have a problem understanding, because you writings are all over the place.

Well, my rant is over, and I'll not bring it up again, unless you force my hand. Hopefully my point was made. Maybe now we can get on topic as the original poster of this thread had intended.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
You came on this thread insulting people that use W7, calling it garbage, and the people that use it blind, and that they should use Ubuntu. This system is geared for people that like to tweak their system, and get in depth. It's not made for the average person. Ubuntu is not better, or worse then W7, just different. On another post you called W7 good. Hmm, garbage, or good. I'm confused.
here we go, like a broken record. do i have to call you babies again?
I called win 7 garbage in the context of running it on an outdated system, to try to run a game problem free.. when many games by much bigger brands than softlab-nsk are having problems with it and x64. by the time there will be first service pack it should be very different. i later put aside my 'opinionated' views about microsoft & privacy rights and acknowledged it was a solid system, i actually used that word but apparently its not coherent enough for you? or did you want me to stick to my guns even when others accused me of being blind, which is >>why i brought up ubuntu in the first place<< as a sarcastic (though half serious) response. so what do you want from me, to say its garbage again?

Quote:
Never have I seen someone write so much, and say so little (or say it incoherently as Novatekk put it). Your go on rants that people have a problem understanding, because you writings are all over the place.

Well, my rant is over, and I'll not bring it up again, unless you force my hand. Hopefully my point was made. Maybe now we can get on topic as the original poster of this thread had intended.
and what point is that exactly?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
here we go, like a broken record. do i have to call you babies again?
I called win 7 garbage in the context of running it on an outdated system, to try to run a game problem free.. when many games by much bigger brands than softlab-nsk are having problems with it and x64. by the time there will be first service pack it should be very different. i later put aside my 'opinionated' views about microsoft & privacy rights and acknowledged it was a solid system, i actually used that word but apparently its not coherent enough for you? or did you want me to stick to my guns even when others accused me of being blind, which is >>why i brought up ubuntu in the first place<< as a sarcastic (though half serious) response. so what do you want from me, to say its garbage again?

and what point is that exactly?
You gave no credence toward why you called W7 garbage. You called it outright, and now you're changing your tune to suit you. You never used the word apparently. You attacked us point blank. Your rantings is not just for me, but to others as already stated. What about Computer Techs, that you ignorantly stated don't exist. Stop your imbecile rantings, and stay to the point. Your words do not convey what you are trying to state. Stop trying to baffle us with your vocabulary that you don't know how to use, or dazzle us with your low level brilliancy. You're not impressing anyone, and the more you address this issue, the dumber you sound. Try to think your thoughts, before you put them on print.

However, I suggest to the Mods that this thread should be closed, because it is getting way off topic, as the originator intended it to be.

QRipper, contact me, or someone else via Personal Message to try to aid you in getting this game to run correctly, without all the BS stated here. I'm sure we can help you.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-16-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
or did you want me to stick to my guns even when others accused me of being blind, which is >>why i brought up ubuntu in the first place
was it not you calling us Blind? or did i mis-read somewhere?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Thread closed, this is not a "Windows vs. Linux holy war" forum.
Closed Thread