Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 03-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Question What do these icons mean?

In battle mode using ranged units I sometimes see a broken arrow for a mouse pointer. I assumed it meant unit out of range but if I select it as a target it appears to always hit the target and do the damage it would normally do.

Not sure what WAIT does. Is it supposed to wait until the next turn without doing anything? Surely you would be better choosing DEFEND as I assume defend means you will defend yourself better than normally. Sometimes it seems that wait has had the effect of waiting until other units in my army have moved for the current turn. On other occasions play has not returned to the waiting unit until the following turn.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Wait is wait until end of turn, not just skip turn like in homm series.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

The broken arrow indicates not out of range but out of most effective range--fire at half-strength or so. "Wait" means you reserve part of your move for later in the turn--but all movement points have to be used up each turn.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Wait is wait until end of turn, not just skip turn like in homm series.
Wait also works like that in HoMM III-V.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Broken arrow means the archer will only inflict half the damage on that enemy as it is out of range. You need to move the archer closer - or wait for the enemy to come nearer - in order to inflict full damage. Keep in mind though, this doesn't have to be half the size of the arena - for some units their full range is in 5 hexes, for others, more or less. Some, like the Cyclops or the Archmage, can shoot for full damage anywhere.