Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint Gold View Post
Direct Control anybody? Your problem is fixed.
Tank you i didnt know about it i allready wrote its allmost the same.
I am on the edge of desperation.

I just played the german Tunis mission and it ended in a ragequit.

Next thing happened (and is a perfect example why this game is starting to go on my nerves):

Pak 40 behind cover made for AT gun, selecting direct aim on a crusader.
First round miss on 60 meters (somehow the round went under the tank despite the circle of round dispersion was "filled" over 80% with the tank)

Second round hit on 50 meters, but in the track, tank pulls on the side exposing his whole side.

Crusader fires, hit, dead center crew stunned.

Third round total miss.

Crusader killing my infantry in the trench.

Fourth round miss (now allready cursing, dont understand how he missed a static target on the same spot.

Crusader turns his turret and blows sky high my PAK 40 dead center, no problem.

So Crusader fired 2 rounds = 2 hits and my PAK 1 out of 4 (bearly, a 50. cal can do a better job destroying tracks)

I loaded twice, both times same result (actually no, in the second load pak didnt even hit the f...ing track).

I never ever had those kind of problems in Soldier Heroes of ww2, unless im blind i dont know what the hell Im doing wrong.

Last edited by Alter Hase; 05-18-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Never had that problem, maybe you should stop giving your troops booze before battle. I know, I know it makes them tougher, but seriously reduces their accuracy. Atleast not give the booze to the crew.

But anyway, I've never had them miss that bad. Are you giving them time to shrink the circle for it to be more accurate? I normally aim right between the turret and the body, opens them up like a can or damages the gun or misses completely, normally the can thingy.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashpoint Gold View Post
Never had that problem, maybe you should stop giving your troops booze before battle. I know, I know it makes them tougher, but seriously reduces their accuracy. Atleast not give the booze to the crew.

But anyway, I've never had them miss that bad. Are you giving them time to shrink the circle for it to be more accurate? I normally aim right between the turret and the body, opens them up like a can or damages the gun or misses completely, normally the can thingy.
Booze huh, i put my soldiers infront of firing squads if I catch them neglecting their duties
Or i send them individually in suicide missions to destroy some annoynig mortar or gun position.

I allways wait for a good shot unless its point blank ofcourse .
Please help this game is my wetdream since i played "Red Flood" mission from "real warfare" mod for SHOWW2
Old 05-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Wolff View Post
You do know that all you has to do, is to click on the "throw handgrenade" icon and the guy with the handgrenade, will automatically pull out the grenade and throw it where you want it to be thrown?

~Zeke.
Well I do now, thanx. But what happens if you have 5 guys out of 20 with grenades and you do that? Will all 5 guys throw a grenade?
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchIsLife View Post
Well I do now, thanx. But what happens if you have 5 guys out of 20 with grenades and you do that? Will all 5 guys throw a grenade?
No and Yes. It depends on the situation. Most often only one guy throw a grenade but in some rare cases, I´ve indeed seen two or three hand grenades flying thru the air towards a target though... but then... the enemy can pick up a grenade and throw it back... but with two grenades, they usually dont have the time to throw both back...

~Zeke.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

At least we can play coh online
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned

Obviously we can play MoW online as well since there is several games running almost all the time. I suggest that you sit back, reinstall the game, then patch your game to 1.11.3 and then add the new 1.16.4 patch. By doing so, you can join every single game that is using the same patch.

~Zeke.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Alot of guys have rated COH higher than MOW for graphics,but i with a faily decent PC system & card,am amazed at this conclusion as on my system MOW looks fantastic,& highly detailed,maybe you guys need a new system or card update or something,& the special effect's & realism are also fantastic,in a game as the japs the other night,i fired a shell from a Chi-Ri at a firefly's front armour,it deflected off & hit another firefly to the left & just behind it,damaging its track,with a lovely ping to it aswell,if thats not realism i dont know what is,& the sound of the explosions,on my 5.1 system is just amazing.

Where as what you get on COH is just to me average arcadey not terribly realistic graphics,& the sound of a rather annoying american general constantly going on at you to do this or do that or this is happening,i mean mate just shut up for 5 mins please.

Last edited by Morgoth; 08-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

My Opinion is:

COH wins over MoW because of it being much more enjoyable to play, not too much micromanagement, easier to get into, brilliant audio throughout, better campaign design, visually stunning.

Right that said, MoW is grand because:
The level of detail, customizable units, number of units, theatres and the visual component of the game in it own right, is ok.

With CoH I do feel like I've been had in the deal when you see the expanse that MoW is, but my points above certainly make up for it.

CoH will lose out as MoW expands, Relic haven't given us anything extra (except ToV, which was weak) for a while now.

These are my opinions
Old 08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
Where as what you get on COH is just to me average arcadey not terribly realistic graphics,& the sound of a rather annoying american general constantly going on at you to do this or do that or this is happening,i mean mate just shut up for 5 mins please.
This is a one element of it's design. Don't play it if your not into the that style of a single player campaign, go back to MoW with the Russia equivalent of Cookie Monster telling you what to do...

But I'm going to get nailed to the MoW wall here because in the game forum world you can't like two games in the same genre at the same time