Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

Default My top ten reasons why MoW is better than CoH

10: Paratrooper fire-up? "Ah gee, we are pinned down by an MG nest, that's ok lets become invincible and run up to it and throw a satchel charge!"

9: No German airborne, deploy from building? *palm to face*

8: Hey, I got it, lets NOT have an 88 FLaK not be able to kill a Sherman... AWESOME!

7: Wowee, lets spam the h3ll out of the Germans and build massive MG cities and AT guns!

6: While we are at it, how about OP British arty guns that we can build massive quantity's of and the Germans can't get within range to kill us!

5: Hmm, lets have decent American and British outnumber and outgun crappy German troops...5 Minutes into game!

4: American air strike+infective German AA=*Foot to face*

3: Oh yah because M-10 spam is a brilliant idea...

2: King Tiger can't drop units worth anything

1: AMERICAN AT GUN SHOOTS OUT OF ITS LOS TO KILL MY KING TIGER!!! after that i uninstalled it...

any suggestions, please ad...
Old 05-01-2009, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. +2 for CoH though for sound and graphics, but that's about it.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. +2 for CoH though for sound and graphics, but that's about it.
That's why I'm playing MoW.

I was so sick of playing CoH, I had 3 MG's, two Rifle squads and setup a defense.

What happens? Germans charge with 2-3 squads and manage to take out two of my squads...what the ****? I had 2 .30 Cals firing them directly in the open, they weren't even in COVER! It just pissed me off to NO END how ineffective infantry were, you know? Basically, use infantry to stall the enemy, but then hurry up for Tanks.

Also I was once playing, build up 11 Shermans. YES, 11 of them. I told them to go out and fight 3 ENEMY TANKS. The Germans destroyed all of my Tanks...I managed to get them, but 11 VS 3? THEY WEREN'T EVEN TIGERS!

When I first played MoW it pissed me off because it's interface is annoying and it had some clunky controls. Now that I'm used to them though, it's SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, REAL military tactics WORK in MoW, unlike CoH.

MoW is superior in almost every way(Voice acting, graphics and optimization are CoH's strong points), MoW has better sound effects, ambiance, and gameplay.

Honestly, I always hoped for a good RTS like this and never thought it'd be by some no-name indie developer.

Srsly guys, good job.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

Maybe it's not wise to compare these games.
Except for the World War two setting and the Genre RTS, they really have few things in common.

My statement has always been that games are games and there is always something which isnt realistic about it.

I don't think a man looking for a little dog will like the neighbor's big one.

and for your statements Mkilbride, you don't sound much like a good Company of Heroes player. You don't make the game like you, you have to learn to like the game. That way you'll also understand the ways of winning battles. Micro is an often used term for these things.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesFluitman View Post
Maybe it's not wise to compare these games.
Except for the World War two setting and the Genre RTS, they really have few things in common.
Well i have to agree with KeesFluitman, its fruitless to compare these games.
I play CoH aswell as World in Conflict, and i love them both for very different reasons. But Soldiers-Heroes of WWII was my first RTS game and i just loved it, at the time nothing else compaired with it, and the graphic's and physics for its time was ahead of everything else. As a matter of fact, it was only 6 months before the demo for MoW came out, i purchased a new copy of Soldier-Heroes of WWII and im still playing it today aswell as Faces of War.
But Men of War is definately toping my RTS list at the moment, but it definately needs patching.
Cheers.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

#1 reason why MoW is better than CoW?

The engine is completely mod friendly....

The community already has projects in the works for conversions of the engine for Mechwarrior, Korea, Civilwar, Starwars... etc you name it.

Can you do this with anything from Relic? Nada!
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowlinger View Post
#1 reason why MoW is better than CoW?

The engine is completely mod friendly....

The community already has projects in the works for conversions of the engine for Mechwarrior, Korea, Civilwar, Starwars... etc you name it.

Can you do this with anything from Relic? Nada!
Yeah thats a huge plus, the editor is a great tool to be able to play with.

It would be good to have the skirmish option though and also a replay function that allows you to playback and watch your skirmish battles, a lot of RTS games have this option now and i find it to be a huge plus.

And as much as i enjoy playing in the WWII era, im also interested in modern warfare of today and think that it would be pritty cool if the next release in the series could go in that direction maybe . Modern tanks, APC's, Humvee's and weapons etc.

Last edited by RoTTenbox; 05-01-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Please go to the DMS forums and vote on skirmish mode!

The devs are listening and probably will put it in the upcoming expansion

Seems everyone wants skirmish... the more votes the better!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowlinger View Post
please go to the dms forums and vote on skirmish mode!

The devs are listening and probably will put it in the upcoming expansion

seems everyone wants skirmish... The more votes the better!
done.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
I agree but the voice overs in CoH were kinda bad , like lame accents and a half-German half-English phrase...
Then again the cinematic voice overs in MoW aren't top notch wither but in game extraordinarily good