Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Guys, that's not true.
What we are fixing in the game - is not bugs (most of it).
Flak effectiveness, custom layouts, redouts/balckouts etc - are actually FEATURES that were added (with the exception of blackouts - there were in the game but thresholds were made ten times higher BECAUSE of beta-test).

So, the fact that we are listening to community feedback, doesn't mean tat the game was released not finished or not polished.
Moreover, in some questions (flak, blackouts) it was overpolished.

Of course, we can pretend that we know better and simply ignore your feedback - most of our audience is arcade players, who are more concerned about the game is being too hard to play - but do you really want that kind proof that you are not Beta-testers? I doubt it.

So that's offending, and untrue, and useless.
Maybe calling us "beta testers" is a tad over the top.

But the kill system in multiplayer does seem like a beta problem to me. It can make a multiplayer match downright frustrating.

But I personally have sold 5 copies of your game through recommendations. So I take a tad of offense to having my opinion deemed "useless". I also have played more online ranked matches than any other player on either system. So I wouldn't like to dismiss my post as "useless".

I want this game to succeed as much as you do Anton. Believe it or not, we're on the same team. So a tad of criticism about some poor aspects of your game noticed by your die hard fanbase may not be something that you want to attack. We're with you, and our criticisms are meant to help your company succeed... They are not personal attacks on you or the rest of the development team. So please don't attack your fanbase on the basis that we've noticed that there are problems with this great title.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Approved Member

anton do you call sitting in your living room for 2 and a half hours trying to get an online game a finished game and polished ????
well i certainly dont! and i dont call it fun either
do you not realise that the ppl who are buying the most copies of your game are the hardcore who want to play realistic and sim games not arcade shooters
fact NOT ALL CONSOLE GAMERS ARE QUICK SHOOTER TYPES THAT JUST WANT BIG EXPLOSIONS ETC some of us like to have a bit more substance in our games
i would say your game is far from finished and by no means polished
most of your comments on here have been sarcastic and childish sniping in reply to ppl posting surgestions and bugs problems that they have found in your game

Fact the very ppl you are pushing away from your game and alienating are THE VERY PPL THAT would make this game on of the greatest titles on any console and in so doing you would sell even more copies !!!

if the multiplayer is not fixed soon your game will die becuse ppl will just go else where to find there fun and your sales will crumble
i would start talking to your customers and listening to there ideas on how to make this game work and you might be able to save it but to keep alienating ppl like you are your game will surley die

rant over
Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by la smack View Post
review

first off, let me say that i think this game is beautiful!!!….i am happy that i spent the money to play the best realistic flight sim ever to be on a console….but i feel i must put some things in perspective….i thank the developers for a great game, and i curse the publishers for forcing them to push this game out the door before it was ready because clearly that is what happened….i am in no way calling out anybody in this forum who is a customer of the game….i am not trying to ruin the game for you or call out parts of the game you may in fact enjoy….the following is just my review of the game….thanks for reading

what this game offers that is great

1. graphics! this game is absolutely beautiful graphically. The 3d detail on the maps and the planes themselves is amazing….very nice job!
2. the general physics of the game from crash, belly landing, explosions in mid air, how the planes fly….seems to be very good….(let me just say…for all of you out there that b*tch about the p-51d not being represented well…take it up to 25k ft and it flies very well!....same with the fw-190 series and the jets…..they are high altitude fighters people…thank you ) ….of course the reason for people complaining is actually pretty legitimate in that most dogfights in mp or in single player are below 10k ft, and with no option to change starting altitude in mp (more on this later) how would you guys know!
3. I had fun playing through the campaign…it seems well done although your wingman are useless and the ai in general is kinda goofy with the same tactics on both sides being played out….(i mean come on….no hurricane pilot in their right mind flies directly behind a heinkel bomber!)

what the game does poorly that will be fixed in the patch

1. flak effectiveness….okay it’s not horrible…play the game enough and you can eventually get shot down by it….anyways more effective enemy flak should be fun
2. the crash system in multiplayer….omg….seriously glad this is getting addressed in the update although it begs one question….don’t game companies have game testers to find these problems??? I mean come on!!! As my esteemed friend, who happens to be a goat says, “i could’ve figured out this was a problem in like five matches!” which leads me to conclude that the developers/publishers either didn’t find it…which makes them stupid, or they just didn’t put effort into fixing it, which hurts my feelings….oh well, at least they are correcting their wrong
3. red outs and black outs…this should be a cool fix as it has the potential to greatly affect online dogfights…instead of always getting into turn fights maybe boom and zoom will be effective combined with the new kill system
4. no breaks for the flight stick and a lack of customization of buttons…ya…this blows my mind that the game shipped without this being fixed…i mean seriously???? I guess the fact that landing and take-offs aren’t that big in the game might give them an excuse to miss it the first time…might…..nah, that’s just dumb guys! Oh well x2, at least they’re fixing it 

what the game does poorly that hopefully dlc addresses

1. lack of customizable multiplayer options: Okay 505, that’s wonderful that you made the p-51d and fw-190 series great at altitude, but how the hell do you leave out a starting altitude option in the match choices??? You gave it to us in training mode….why not multiplayer, and while we’re at it how come we can’t have games where we can change the respawns….like to none, so we can get really realistic…you gave us the chance to limit our fuel and ammo….but we can’t change the altitude, respawns…and oh yeah…how about strike….??? You should of let us set the tickets to even lower…like 100, because it hugely hinders the effectiveness of fighter bomber tactics in the game…you literally have to bomb the same target over and over to even make a dent with a fighter bomber and the il 2 series as well…one more thing that should be fixed is the respawn timer should have a higher option…like a minute …and how about an option combined with that that lets us spawn farther away from combat so the matches feel like a real sorty
2. lack of cockpits for all fighters: I understand they didn’t and couldn’t do this because the game was only meant to ship with 12 planes….glad apparently they’re fixing at least some of the german cockpits…but how about an option to force people to use only planes with cockpit mode….that would sure feel more real…and i simply can’t competitively use cockpit mode when other people are on virtual giving them much more vision and location ability…which is what this game is all about…
3. bomber aimer on simulator mode??? Really guys, really???? Simulator gets a dumb assist mode while arcade and realistic don’t….the modes this feature belongs…i’ll tell you why this is pointless in sim mode….the heavy bombers….i can’t use the aimer because when i’m at 10k ft plus the aimer is directly under the 3rd person view of the bomber which makes it pointless to try to aim it….obviously you don’t get targeting locks on sim so it really hinders the heavy bombers from being able to be flown like real bombers….i can’t stand dropping a b-17g to the deck just so i can aim better….why not in the dlc give us a bomber cockpit, even if its generic so we can have an actual bombardier sight!
4. armament accuracies: Hurricane mk ii never had 12 machine guns thank you very much, nor is the blenheim bombers armament correct and a few others are off…apparently there are a lot of “typos” according to the developers??? The weapon load outs on the pc version are all right….do you guys use editors or experts before you ship? Apparently not?
5. unlockable weapons: Lol, this one really makes me laugh….all the il 2 series planes including some other fighter bombers…start out with no bomb loadouts…you have to earn them…fine, that’s cool….except for the freaking fact, il 2, case in point…the requirement to unlock bomb and rocket loadouts, is to play game types that require it for the il 2, other wise the planes a waste of time…..you really think i’m going to play 10-20 legitimate strike matches with the il 2 to unlock bombs that it doesn’t have….why would i pick a plane that has no way of destroying ground targets, and sure as hell can’t hold its own against fighters….other than it takes longer to kill me???? Seriously should’ve thought through the unlocks for weapons better…..there’s just no logical progression to a lot of it, mostly with the fighter bombers.
6. p-51d cockpit and dlc planes: Hmm, not sure how to approach this one, cause its so lame….the fact that the only way to unlock the p-47 was a downloadable code only receivable through some obscure european company (same with the 152 fw plane th mode)…i understand having planes that will later be released in dlc…but how do you choose one of the most popular american planes in wwii as the plane you make immediately available to a select few….i would understand if you made it like one of the german jets or something less numerous during the european theatre of war during wwii….and just to rub it in….the p-51d cockpit is actually a p-47d cockpit….what, you think us aviation buffs wouldn’t notice that???? Now that’s just lazy! Hopefully both the th 152 and p-47 will be available in dlc…
7. strike targets: Since you don’t let us choose a lower ticket counter for strike…would’ve been cool to see different strike targets like tanks and trucks, or airfields full of planes….something, anything to make the fighter bomber worth something in multiplayer….maybe even large buildings (factories)…for heavy bombers…..the ships are fun to blow up….but seems like better land target options would have given variety along with some targets being accessible as able to be killed by small bombs, so the fighter bombers would feel relevant in strike matches.
8. campaign ai: Wingman are useless….and the enemy ai consistently does the same thing over and over again….woulda been nice to see more variety here…

stuff that should be included in the sequel

1. Just one thing really, aside from fixing all of the above problems….add a movie recording system for multiplayer and single player missions….along with a better mission editor than training mode…..can’t tell you how many times i wish i could analyze a dogfight or just watch something beautiful in this graphically stunning game….but i can’t…and i understand why you didn’t this time…..publishers….just do us a favor…and i say us because apparently a lot of the customer base agrees…put in a recording system…..and hopefully a training mode that lets you do something other than dogfight…like strike missions…

dear anton we’re your customer base…we care…and we want this title to succeed…despite what might appear to be a lot of b*tching…i play this game every night and will buy any dlc that comes out for it….i realize this your guys’ first console sim….just trying to point out improvements that i’ve noticed myself and others seem to be looking for….anyways…this game is still a blast and i think after the patch comes out it will be amazing…thanks again guys

la smack
-with narrative assistance from the goat
is there a way to use the rear gunner while useing the flight stick.... So far i pressed every button on the saiteck flight stick to no avail.... Help.... I love useing the flight stick...i want my rear gunner
Old 09-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Approved Member

I'm assuming here but I don't think they have the dev time to fix the larger MP problem. i.e. The inability to join a game in progress or view games that are being played and see some kind of timer on how much of the round is left.

That is essentially the biggest problem with MP. It *appears* as if no one is online in the real/sim modes when in reality there are probably quite a few. People don't have that much time to spare so they don't want to waste it sitting in a lobby waiting for a round to end.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKSTABINGPRIK View Post
is there a way to use the rear gunner while useing the flight stick.... So far i pressed every button on the saiteck flight stick to no avail.... Help.... I love useing the flight stick...i want my rear gunner
I have the xbox 360 aviator flight stick.. when I go into gunner position..I can use the headswitch to aim (the 'button' on top of the stick, that is stick and not a button ). and just use the normal trigger to fire

P.S.
You can only shoot... when you see a small dot in your crosshair. If it is an empty crosshair... it means there is no gunner with a fire-angle on the postition you are aiming at (the crosshair is aiming to the front of the plane as default... but not a lot of bombers have gunner in the front.. so turn your crosshair 180 degrees to start with). Try to fire right behind you...that should work . Then try to find out...wich bomber can shoot to what positions around him

Last edited by MorgothNL; 09-18-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyPrick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to sum-up the blog, which I think all BoP fans will agree with. HOWEVER, this game rocks and this release should be considered as extended BETA testing and our purchase is our investment in the game - we are shareholders in the genre
Anton,

Please do not take offence - this was a light hearted comment, thus the smiley! Guys, lets remember the massive effort Anton and the team have made throughout the release to answer our questions and record our feed-back.........as I said: the game rocks.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Smile

locking cockpit view,please,please,please,please
Old 09-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

1) why do we have Player Match and Ranked Match options?

merge both ASAP

2) audio needs some variety- if I hear 'Ich habe ein problem!' another time I'm gonna go nuts!

3) get rid of the stupid unlock requirements- they detract from the game. fact is most planes should be unlockable with out too much difficulty, save a couple sof special planes to make players earn them but dont go overboard.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
Maybe calling us "beta testers" is a tad over the top.
Yeah it was.
Quote:

But the kill system in multiplayer does seem like a beta problem to me. It can make a multiplayer match downright frustrating.
That's why we are going to fix it.
Quote:

But I personally have sold 5 copies of your game through recommendations.
For that only I would like to fix whatever is possible
Quote:
So I take a tad of offense to having my opinion deemed "useless".
No, not your opinion about MP is useless, you misunderstood.
The idea that gamers were treated as beta-testers is.
Quote:
I want this game to succeed as much as you do Anton. Believe it or not, we're on the same team. So a tad of criticism about some poor aspects of your game noticed by your die hard fanbase may not be something that you want to attack. We're with you, and our criticisms are meant to help your company succeed... They are not personal attacks on you or the rest of the development team. So please don't attack your fanbase on the basis that we've noticed that there are problems with this great title.
You probably hadn't get it right.
According to community feedback we are fixing the game - becuase I do believe we are on the one side.
But THAT doesn't mean the game was raw or you are beta-testers.
It is just an evolution.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Yeah it was.

That's why we are going to fix it.

For that only I would like to fix whatever is possible

No, not your opinion about MP is useless, you misunderstood.
The idea that gamers were treated as beta-testers is.

You probably hadn't get it right.
According to community feedback we are fixing the game - becuase I do believe we are on the one side.
But THAT doesn't mean the game was raw or you are beta-testers.
It is just an evolution.

Thanks for the reply.

I am elated that you guys are working hard on making this game greater than it already is.

My jest about us being beta testers is retracted.

I enjoy the heck out of this game. I don't think I've ever been so consumed about any title before BoP.

I just can't wait until the crashing issue with multiplayer is fixed. Do we have a rough ETA on arrival? Is it pending through Microsoft yet?