Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Default 1C Team Requests and Questions (discussions only)

Hi

I know other things are more important, but hopefully some ideas :

- the 3D player head seen from outside follows actual in-game first person view
- realism is pushed even further (might be unlocked with an option however) such as
- over rev or over boost for long period of times have consequences. Does running the motor constantly at 3000 rpm have any effect for the actual flight in real life ? Or only on engine lifetime ?
- over speed has adverse effects on some systems or aircraft structure
- the a/c systems are not perfect e.g. very seldom, a mechanical failure may occur
- the only informations remaining are those available by gauges and levers i.e. the windows showing pitch/power/rads position is disabled and the a/c system window is silent as well as the information window (the one confirming player actions, gear up, rad open etc ...)
- More systems available e.g. Carb heat, windshield de-icing, magnetos (not auto on). This is for now really too easy compared to reality. Much systems can't be used.

- More environmental interaction, e.g. windshear, stroms, turbulences (most of the time there should be at low layer in windy conditions), icing (even not in cloud particularly for carb, I guess this may happen as power is low e.g. descent as it occurs today for carb planes ? i.e. carb heator must be present for use)
- Near the ground in windy conditions, presence of wind gust and wind shear may be expected
- More typical english weather systems, as I read a test pilot story from Alex Henshaw, He describes the winter time as very bad weather, I think we'd like not things such as fog, stratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus, rain, hail, snow, icing conditions (not every cloud but depending on the type and temperature, eg more typically in cumulus & cunimb at sub zero).
- Cunmulus and especially cunimbe are very bad for the structure, the turb and preence of hail mail very well damage or destroy an airframe and aircraft in mid flight
- Stratus are friendly, small cumulus are not too bad, they are not icing the aircraft at plus zero temperature
- Weather complex layers like ovc low, cunimbe above, cirrus high
- Lower clouds or lower cloud layer may be as low as few hundreds of feet above ground, it may be even lower or touch the summit of some terrain elevations
- Weather does move and change
- There may be presence rain, hail, snow on the ground or in certain regions (inside and under certain clouds)

CoD is promizing, would sound good to push it forward.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 10-14-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Wow, what Flightsim have you been flying?

Most if not all of the features mentioned are implemented or planned.

Some features were removed from the sim in a patch (Physical/Mechanical/System weathering like you say, including instrument failures etc.) Which was previously availible on a percentage/chance slider much like the visual weathering system.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

You can't de-ice, the right side hand pump does'nt work. Nor for carb heat.
I know icing works in clouds, but carb heat actually ice in some conditions which is not happening inside clouds e.g. reduced power during descent.
The only one being implemented is a laminar wind as of today.

Also you can permanently over boost provided you don't exceed 2650 rpm.

Last edited by jf1981; 01-09-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1981 View Post
You can't de-ice, the right side hand pump does'nt work. Nor for carb heat.
I know icing works in clouds, but carb heat actually ice in some conditions which is not happening inside clouds e.g. reduced power during descent.
The only one being implemented is a laminar wind as of today.

Also you can permanently over boost provided you don't exceed 2650 rpm.
What planes are you flying? Blenheim has a carby heat, Spit (as on the real plane) does not (AFAIK)

Also our community liason would be more likely to pass on your request in the stickied thead.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341

Cheers!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Requests and Questions (discussions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Type of improvement:

Fairness/Historical accuracy.

Explanation of proposals:

Historically accurate ammo load outs on server settings.

Benefits:

With the ability to set your own ammo belts players can make lethal setups that have no basis to ones used during ww2. This can be seen as an exploit and realistic servers need to have a preset ammo belt set to stop potential exploits.
This reference may help
http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/BoB.htm

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Default Requests and Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
I thank everyone who responded to our request for help!
I will start to process the data and draw up a report tomorrow.
If you would like your suggestions and bug reports come in the first part, some time still is.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28341

I have merged some loose threads here and moved some from the 1C Team Q&R

Please keep discussions in a separate thread.

Thanks

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-09-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Type of improvement:

Benefits:

With the ability to set your own ammo belts players can make lethal setups that have no basis to ones used during ww2. This can be seen as an exploit and realistic servers need to have a preset ammo belt set to stop potential exploits.
To be honnest I realy dont see a resomn for that.

Reson: I have several beltsetup depending what type of mission im going for. For eksamble in the ATAG server you can go protection your ships and then need ammo for shooting down aircraft. Then later I can take a bomb in a 109 E3 and bomb tanks and staff target on the ground. Then I choose a different type of amotion.

I think we should be careful not in our zeal to make it as realistic as possible doing so many restrictions
the fun goes by. Nor must we always be panicky fear that their neighbor is cheating.

But the types of restrictions, I can easily imagine that there will be ammontion to dogfights and one should be forced to it all the time, then the dynamics disappears.

~S~
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK View Post
To be honnest I realy dont see a resomn for that.

Reson: I have several beltsetup depending what type of mission im going for. For eksamble in the ATAG server you can go protection your ships and then need ammo for shooting down aircraft. Then later I can take a bomb in a 109 E3 and bomb tanks and staff target on the ground. Then I choose a different type of amotion.

I think we should be careful not in our zeal to make it as realistic as possible doing so many restrictions
the fun goes by. Nor must we always be panicky fear that their neighbor is cheating.

But the types of restrictions, I can easily imagine that there will be ammontion to dogfights and one should be forced to it all the time, then the dynamics disappears.

~S~
Who said anything about limiting it to a single loadout??????!!!!

Just give the ability to enforce a few different ammo belts so that ppl can't use only one certain ammo that you wouldn't have found in real life.

Obviously a lot of research would have to be taken but I am not talking about MG setting them but the server runners.

If the server runners want to allow it then fine if they want to leave it you then that's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Who said anything about limiting it to a single loadout??????!!!!

Just give the ability to enforce a few different ammo belts so that ppl can't use only one certain ammo that you wouldn't have found in real life.

Obviously a lot of research would have to be taken but I am not talking about MG setting them but the server runners.

If the server runners want to allow it then fine if they want to leave it you then that's fine.
I think a better solution would be limited ammo types, so you have 200 de wildes, 400 ball, 200 AP, 600 incendiary/tracer.. Just an example.

Then people can still customise, but you'll know that the guy facing you had exactly the same choice to make, that way you could still tweak your ammo belt but you couldn't just load up with 1 type of ammo.

Deciding what would be a fair amount across red and blue might lead to some arguments thou..
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Type of improvement:

Benefits:

Dont make it fair, make it historical... If we start adding fairness its not a simulator. Quite frankly the fact your getting hit by rounds indicate you its not his ammo but your flying thats at fault
Closed Thread