Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 06-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuiMienLung View Post
The downside to using Awaken Dragon (as a non-Mage) is that that eats up your (one, single) spellcast for that round. So it depends on what you want to get done in a round:
place more traps?
Slow or Blind or Hypnotize one of the enemy?
Haste or Stone Skin or Magic Spring one of your own?
get one or two Balls of Lightning on the board from the dragon?
dig up more treasure?

That's going to be your decision to make each battle, though.

The REASON people keep saying to max out the Treasure Searcher isn't for the *treasure* (gold) you can find per se... it's so that you have a chance at Wanderer scrolls (especially Ancient Knowledge) and skill runes.

If you go through the first two rounds (dig & waken & dig on turn 1, dig again on turn 2) without hitting any of the big three, F8 to reload (you ARE doing an F5/quicksave before every fight, aren't you?) and place your armies in different spots to trigger a different set of treasures.
(And if you're a Mage, you can do this in the first round because of maxxed Higher Magic: dig & wake & dig & wake & dig, reload if necessary.)
At a certain point you might as well just an editor and give yourself talent runes if you are going abuse reloads, you know what I mean?

Personally I always try and dig maximum chests so I have a chance at runes and wanderer scrolls but to reload over and over? No way, that is just not fun.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygaffer View Post
Personally I always try and dig maximum chests so I have a chance at runes and wanderer scrolls but to reload over and over? No way, that is just not fun.
That's the thing, fun is different for everyone.

Daniel.