Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 05-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Mana and Rage Regeneration Question

I am playing a Mage Amelie (level 16), and so far, the class is pretty fun.

Now, I have Transmute (1/3) and Concentration (1/3). I have noticed that in the long fights- for example where I have to kite a stack of 30 Paladins for 28 rounds- the mana and rage regeneration gets lower and one time stops altogether.

At the beginning of the battle, I get rage from my troops attacking enemies and enemies attacking me, and I get the normal mana from Concentration. But as the battle goes on (specially in longer battles), the regeneration gets lower. I get 1 mana from Concentration instead of 2 and I get no rage. And then after some more rounds, I get no mana and no rage.

Can someone please explain why this happens? Does mana and Rage regeneration gets lower with rounds? Or does it get lower with the less number of enemy troops?

I am using the Gift Bag mod.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I am playing a Mage Amelie (level 16), and so far, the class is pretty fun.

Now, I have Transmute (1/3) and Concentration (1/3). I have noticed that in the long fights- for example where I have to kite a stack of 30 Paladins for 28 rounds- the mana and rage regeneration gets lower and one time stops altogether.

At the beginning of the battle, I get rage from my troops attacking enemies and enemies attacking me, and I get the normal mana from Concentration. But as the battle goes on (specially in longer battles), the regeneration gets lower. I get 1 mana from Concentration instead of 2 and I get no rage. And then after some more rounds, I get no mana and no rage.

Can someone please explain why this happens? Does mana and Rage regeneration gets lower with rounds? Or does it get lower with the less number of enemy troops?

I am using the Gift Bag mod.
If your battle goes beyond 10 rounds, you will notice the log stating that your army is tried and morale low and mana and rage are cut in half.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Thank you. That explains it. I feel stupid for not noticing this.

Edit: One more question: Does the Summoner skill affect the spell Phantom?

Last edited by BluePhoenix; 05-08-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

It doesnt.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the fast reply.

So, the Summoner skill affects only Call of Nature and normal summons by units?

Also, along with increasing the level of the spell, is there any way to increase the power of Phantom? I don't think Intelligence matters for this spell.

Last edited by BluePhoenix; 05-08-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
Thanks for the fast reply.

So, the Summoner skill affects only Call of Nature and normal summons by units?

Also, along with increasing the level of the spell, is there any way to increase the power of Phantom? I don't think Intelligence matters for this spell.
Summon skill affects all summon spells and some summoned units, hmm i cant tell u wat units exactly, but u should experiment it by yourself.

The only way to increase the power of phantom spell , as far as i know is only by increasing the int. More int, more % power of the phantom spell. Only chaos spells can be extra increased by the destruction skill, and i cant remember but phantom is not chaos spell. Maybe with some item u can extra increase the phantom spell (like other spells, like peacefullness, stone skin, etc) , but i dont know wat item should be.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
Summon skill affects all summon spells and some summoned units, hmm i cant tell u wat units exactly, but u should experiment it by yourself.

The only way to increase the power of phantom spell , as far as i know is only by increasing the int. More int, more % power of the phantom spell. Only chaos spells can be extra increased by the destruction skill, and i cant remember but phantom is not chaos spell. Maybe with some item u can extra increase the phantom spell (like other spells, like peacefullness, stone skin, etc) , but i dont know wat item should be.
I beg to disagree, Summoner does affect the Phantom spell; see attached 4 screenshots wherein my increasing Summoner from level 1 to 2 increased the percentage size of the Phantom spell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_100509_001.jpg (748.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg screen_100509_002.jpg (585.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg screen_100509_003.jpg (746.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg screen_100509_004.jpg (585.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

It seems that ure right. But that's weird, cuz phantom is just a copy of the original troop, not a summoned unit.

"local power = math.floor((tonumber("0" .. text_dec(Logic.obj_par("spell_phantom","health"),l evel))+ math.floor(HInt()/3))*(1+tonumber(skill_power2("summonner",1)/100)))

As the code says, the phantom power is affected by the phantom level spell power itself and the summoner skill.