Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Not quite. If you increase their health, it does do more damage, but it won't kill more units, due to the increased health. Effects that increase magic damage however will help quite a bit. You may notice that Ball lightning is more effective against droids, due to their -50% magic resistance.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Well explained In essence, using peacefulness in conjunction with mark of blood and ball of lightning is just for posterity.

It will be fun if anyone finds a really, really big stack of droids on impossible and does the trick you explaned, Zechno. The damage can be literally sky-high.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Ball of lighting is really the best ability, late game.

At the beggining, it does not seems that effective. I just finished Paladin (hard), played with the Blue dragon. Now I restarted with Warrior, using Purple. I found lighting not being too useful in low level battles, most of the times.

And I really miss the extra initiative the Blue gave to my snakes and such. The +1 attack the Purple gives doest not makes much of a difference later on, and you will eventually get the ball anyway. But the +1 initiative to animals is useful through the whole game.

Thus, I think Blue is the best pet Dragon.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

PErsonaly I think the best to start with is the Green one for the treasure finding ability. You can find some good stuff as early as the training drill.

But I do love the Ball of Lightning, especially on impossible where there's enormous stack of ennemies.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Well explained In essence, using peacefulness in conjunction with mark of blood and ball of lightning is just for posterity.

It will be fun if anyone finds a really, really big stack of droids on impossible and does the trick you explaned, Zechno. The damage can be literally sky-high.
That's an interesting point. You should be able to mark the droids, plus lightning them and do 120% of the stacks health in damage. Would be really funny if it worked.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Not quite. If you increase their health, it does do more damage, but it won't kill more units, due to the increased health. Effects that increase magic damage however will help quite a bit. You may notice that Ball lightning is more effective against droids, due to their -50% magic resistance.
Ball of lightning is based on % of the troop health per unit, not on atk power (atk power on ball of lightning means that u can kill more % on 1 troop). So, if u raise the health of a entire troop, u kill more % on that troop. Almost thats the way it works for me -.-

Last edited by N3MES1S; 02-27-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Ah, you are incorrect. The damage number is equal to a percent of the total health of the stack. So by increasing the health by 30% you will increase the damage by 30%, but will not kill any more units, due to that health increase, it is a wash.

Keep an eye out for it, if you have a max ball lightning, and have it hit stacks with peacefulness on them, it still won't kill more than half the stack. (unless the stack has weakness to magic, like bots).
Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 AM
Registered Member

At first levels, Ball of Lightning will be somewhat useless. Low shock chance, low damage%. And since enemy total HP will be also low, Crushing Blow will defeat Ball of Lightning.

And N3M3S1S, you're totally incorrect. It's basic calculus for God's sake. Increasing health of a troop doesn't mean stack number grows bigger. Total stack hp gets bigger.

Use it when you face an enemy stack(s) with very high total hp.