Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Purple Dragon

Purple Dragon. Do you use the ball of lightning ability ?
i picked this dragon and now stuck with it... i hope it was not a bad choice.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

Ball of Lightning is THE BEST pet dragon ability, but it takes some work to have it shine. It doesn't cost much rage when maxed, and kills a proportion of the squad, just like Reaper's ability in KBTL. Top it up with some gorguanas and Mark of Blood and you can kill up to 96% of the stack in one go.

However, at the start of the game, Ball of Lightning is somewhat weak, because the stacks are small and it won't do much on its own.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

thanx also just saw some of ur screenshots.... what a relief. i am happy now
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Don't forget it shoots 3 times per actual skill use. So in comparing it to the other damaging skills, it costs a third or does 3x as much damage, however you want to look at it. Furthermore, it generates rage for you, which the other 3 damaging skills do not. It does not however generate extra dragon experience, which the other 3 do.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, the harder the difficulty, the more valuable it is. Impossible paladin game I'm playing, and it was even useful against a stack of 900 peasants on Scarlet Wind. Did significantly more damage than crushing blow... (Not that I level up crushing blow anymore, it ends up the worsed use of your dragon levels in the long run).
Old 02-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Only real downside is the rest after each cast.

Late game is where the Orb really shines the most, but my Warrior starts with much more rage than 1 orb casting costs, and rage will be maxed before round 2. -which makes it even more annoying, that you cant use the dragon in that round.

I usually awake the dragon, when I use the Orb.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Well, the tactic: Lightning + Awaken Dragon + Fiery Phantoms is quite a blast for a warrior, since if both abilities are well upgraded, the ball of lightning will have +1 rest (2 turns) and the phantoms will be at rest 1 (one turn). This allows you to cast a second ball of lightning on the second turn without worrying about the rest time afterwards (because the enemy stacks have seriously diminished already), which is great.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

I'm not upgrading ball lightning with my warrior to keep the 1 turn rest. For 30 rage, I get about 30% damage and 50% shock. I'm casting a lot of stone skins in the early turns, so no time for awake dragons. When I can afford the 2 turn rest, I rather lay a Mythic Egg.
With my mage, the 2 turn rest was not a problem, and Mythic Egg is much weaker.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

As a mage, if you have 105+ rage at start of battle, you can do some damage with 3 Lightning in first round (tried in Reha Arena battles).
Old 02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

As far as i know, ball of lighting is based on the ammounth of hit points your enemy troop has. If u can combine ball of lightning + any spell that increase health (i think peacefulness cant remember well), u can kill 2/3 from a troop (or the entire troop on higher levels) of 1000-1500 units (and if u use , like DGDobrev said, the mark of blood u can see how the light shine -.-).. This means ball of lightining is "designed" for big numbers troops.