Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

I was aware of the leadership modifier being determined by the current leadership, but not of the other two. Is there more specific information about those anywhere?

I wasn't thinking the computer was cheating (at least not in this particular instance, you have to keep an eye on them) but typos are a possibility that can and do happen. Or maybe the numbers are from the russian version which might be different from the english, who knows.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

They're not, otherwise the game would jave been different. You can open the loc_ses.kfs file with winzip or winrar and peruse the text files for various formulae. It's a lot of material, but ALL the formulas are there.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

After fiddling with addon_pet.lua and with the help of this post, I've come up with the following:

Code:
experience gained = (xpskill*(1+xpbonusskill+xpbonusmedal)+.017*enemykilledldr)*(1+xpbonusskill)*(herolvl/petlvl)*(enemyldr/heroldr)*herotype*.5
xpskill is experience of the dragon skill, as given in the OP (they are indeed correct)
xpbonusskill is the bonus from the training skill, 0/.2/.4/.6 for skill levels 0/1/2/3
xpbonusmedal is the bonus from the dragonslayer medal, 0/.1/.3/.5 for medal levels 0/1/2/3
enemykilledldr is the total leadership of the number of enemies killed by the skill, Ball of Lightning does NOT count for this
herolvl is the level of your hero
petlvl is the level of your pet
enemyldr is the total leadership of the enemy army at the time the skill is used
heroldr is the total leadership of your army at the time the skill is used
the leadership ratio is always 1 for the first skill use and can never be greater than 1
herotype is 1/.9/.7 for warrior/paladin/mage

A few observations:

Difficulty has nothing to directly do with experience gained, only how much you need to level. The info at the start of a new game is misleading and not even correct anyhow. It should be 200%/100%/87%/77% if you wanted to view it that way.

The training skill affects the experience twice, essentially it is a 44%/96%/156% bonus (not exactly but close enough).

The dragonslayer medal only affects the base experience of the skill and not that gained from doing damage.

Last edited by dashcunning; 01-31-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Also, given there are larger leadership stacks on higher difficulties, the penalty to dragon experience on those difficulties is further alleviated. It ends up just not being as big of a problem as you expect.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

An interesting thing to note is that there is no modifier for length of combat and that your pet doesn't level up inside of combat. Put these together and you have an intriguing thought.

If one wanted to game the system, they could create a situation where a high lvl hero (say 14, easily done with map kiting) with a low lvl pet (1, even more easily done) with 1 troll and 1 inquisitor enters into a fight, at evening or night, with at least 20 royal snakes (or equivalent no retaliation troop). Phantom the inquisitor (15 mana), use holy anger (6.5 average rage per turn, 19.5 per phantom), use lvl 1 mana accelerator (8 rage > 7 mana), repeat ad nauseam. This more than breaks even over time, but not by much. Use bigger rage and mana pools to lessen the chance of bad luck screwing things up.

Each accelerator would earn 70(!) experience per cast and per turn as long as you could handle the tedium. This compares quite favorably to experience earned later in the game.

One could argue playing the game, having fun, and earning levels naturally is better. They are probably right, but that's not particularly interesting to talk about.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

Yes, I have somewhere around here talked about the above strategy. You'll need more than one inquisitor however, since you can't phantom just one (Unless you have ridiculous intelligence).
Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcunning View Post
After fiddling with addon_pet.lua and with the help of this post, I've come up with the following:

Code:
experience gained = (xpskill*(1+xpbonusskill+xpbonusmedal)+.017*enemykilledldr)*(1+xpbonusskill)*(herolvl/petlvl)*(enemyldr/heroldr)*herotype*.5
xpskill is experience of the dragon skill, as given in the OP (they are indeed correct)
xpbonusskill is the bonus from the training skill, 0/.2/.4/.6 for skill levels 0/1/2/3
xpbonusmedal is the bonus from the dragonslayer medal, 0/.1/.3/.5 for medal levels 0/1/2/3
enemykilledldr is the total leadership of the number of enemies killed by the skill, Ball of Lightning does NOT count for this
herolvl is the level of your hero
petlvl is the level of your pet
enemyldr is the total leadership of the enemy army at the time the skill is used
heroldr is the total leadership of your army at the time the skill is used
the leadership ratio is always 1 for the first skill use and can never be greater than 1
herotype is 1/.9/.7 for warrior/paladin/mage

Could you please clarify the part that I have put in bold in your quote? It sounds to me like that means no matter if I have equal leadership to the enemy or the enemy outnumbers me by 10 times, my little dragon will still get the same experience. It would be sad if this were the case.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Yup, that's true. Your K value is never greater than one. Having less troops only means that you'll be getting the maximum experience, not that you'll get bonus experience.

Seriously though, if it were any different, you'd get thousands of % boosts to dragon experience by having a single stack army, and would level up ridiculously fast.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Seriously though, if it were any different, you'd get thousands of % boosts to dragon experience by having a single stack army, and would level up ridiculously fast.
Absolutely, clearing the first 4 islands with 1 troll is quite easy. Maybe 2-4 for the harder map guardian fights. I can't imagine how much dragon experience you would get in doing so.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
One other thing of note, all experience you gain is multiplied by a "K" value, where K = Total Current Leadership of Enemy Army / Total Current Leadership of Your army
Does the "Total Current Leadership of Your army" include all summoned creatures, Mystic Egg summoned, Angelic Guards, Demonologist, Portal etc.?

There should be a way to dismiss summoned units during battle!