Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 12-15-2009, 05:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Well, I've got a stack of Black and a stack of Red in my army, and the additional boosts to crit, and stats makes a very nice difference.
As far as I'm concerned I'm still very confused about this skill. Does this skill improve the morale of dragons? It seems that it only helps animals.

Someone please clarify.
Thanks,
Fishi
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

You need three levels for it to affect dragons.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 AM
Approved Member

In my game, I just finally got the 3rd level of that skill and I'm noticing a pretty big difference. My game is an Impossible Mage one, and I'm using all three stacks of dragons (Emerald, Red & Black), along with Archmages and Orc Shamans.

I also got the amulet that gives -20% leadership for red dragons... let's just say I'm having tons of fun. With 66 Intellect, I can cast an Oil Mist that does +70% fire damage on the whole area, then I just unleash my dragons for truly sick damage (20K+ on two stacks!). Adding a nice 90% red dragon phantom.... hehehe. Oh well. I just really like dragons.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Dragons are great, undoubtedly, and this skill makes them even better. Still, it doesn't compensate for their physical damage resistance, which is a major issue when fighting bosses... Nor the poison one, for that matter (Dersu-Kumatu frog inflicts poison damage with its spit).
Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

i was never hit by kumatu poison .. much more deadly is spider poison .. on hard i decided to atack it only with summon because poison was hiting too hard even with healers jacket on
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Dersu only attacks the middle guy with poison, unless he does his AoE right? Or is that just the big Spider? I used Royal griffon's against the spider up front since the Guard's are functionally immune to poison.

Oh, I also got TWO healer's Jackets :-3
Old 12-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

All of the normal attacks of kumatu (left and right palm, bite) are physical based. Only the spit (mass attack) is poison based. Only units with decent poison resistance and healer's jacket helps from suffering serious losses... And dragons are not one of those (if we discount the bone dragon, because it counts as undead, not as a dragon)
Old 12-16-2009, 11:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm not playing a no loss game, but I don't remember the frog being that hard. I think it hit me 2 times with the poison breath and killed 2 or 3 dragons total. Wasn't a big deal. As for the spider, I don't think it killed even one of my units, as I was just summoning demon portals like crazy. I had plenty of cannon fodder.

I'm noticing that my mage tactics are much different from the first game. Is it just me or has Demon Portal been nerfed, for example? I thought it used to summon way more units, especially with 70+ int. I also miss my two geysers a turn. Oh well.

Dragons seem stronger this time around, or maybe it's just and impression, as I haven't played the first one in a while. With shamans to heal my black & red dragons, I didn't lose any in the last 100 fights or so. They are truly incredible now.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

On a related note, is there a good spot to get black dragons? I've got 3 in my army but my leadership has increased to the point where I can have 4. The shop I got them from is out of them though.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Demon portal and all other summoning spells are based on leadership, summoning skill and intellect. The problem is that sometimes even a high intellect can't compensate for the leadership a warrior has (even with low intellect) when using this spell.

Black dragons... a bunch of eggs lie in Sheterra and Rehau, on Nameless island you can find a cave where the game usually spawns some black dragons. It's kinda hard to spot, so keep looking. Should be somewhere in the middle of the island, hear one of the tall crypts (too lazy to check it out now...).