Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Magiс system and Pet Dragon

Magiс system and Pet Dragon Questions, tips and discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Approved Member

would it be worth going for 2 points in voice of the dragon to boost my royal griffins morale by 2? Im a mage, and currently using them along with pallys, inquisitors/archmages, and 2 archer units(hunters/elves/bowmen). I sometimes change a few units(knights/horsemen/druids stay in the castle in case I need them) but never change royal griffins nor pallys.
Basically Royal griffins are my cannon fodder and damage dealer(or should I say their phantoms xD) and against ranged units I just target my pally. So my question is should I boost their morale +2 in voice of the dragon, Ill have to go up to that skill from glory(which I have not a single point in it but was thinking on spending runes on it instead of voice of the dragon)?
Alternatively, do u guys think its worth spending points into quick draw since I like using 2 archer units? I rly dont see the appeal of getting those +1 defense/attack skills from the warrior skills tree...
Old 08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Comes down to the number of runes you have and how you play your mage.

As a mage, I always prioritize other skills, such as Neatness, the spell schools, Transmute, High Magic, Anger, and a few others. Don't forget Summoner which will boost your royal griffin summoning ability.

If I use royal griffins and/or dragons, I really like to have Voice of the Dragon, but usually don't have the spare runes until late mid-game. Too many other skills are higher priority to me. Especially since I don't consider the prerequisite skills I have to take to get to Voice of the Dragon especially useful.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whiskers View Post
Comes down to the number of runes you have and how you play your mage.

As a mage, I always prioritize other skills, such as Neatness, the spell schools, Transmute, High Magic, Anger, and a few others. Don't forget Summoner which will boost your royal griffin summoning ability.

If I use royal griffins and/or dragons, I really like to have Voice of the Dragon, but usually don't have the spare runes until late mid-game. Too many other skills are higher priority to me. Especially since I don't consider the prerequisite skills I have to take to get to Voice of the Dragon especially useful.
Im level 44, and the skills in the mage tree are pretty much all maxed except for linguistics and wisdom which pretty much just require magic runes. On the mind skills tree I have maxed prayer and absolute balance(and scouting ofc), was thinking about maxing glory OR going all the way till voice of the dragon(can only put 1 point for now, maybe 2 in a couple of levels).

The way I see it if I boost persuasion(1 point) and voice of the dragon(2 points) I can go with my griffins and humans/elves army without having to use the virgins set(the morale bonus is nice) because their single stats are pretty meh...
Old 08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
Im level 44, and the skills in the mage tree are pretty much all maxed except for linguistics and wisdom which pretty much just require magic runes. On the mind skills tree I have maxed prayer and absolute balance(and scouting ofc), was thinking about maxing glory OR going all the way till voice of the dragon(can only put 1 point for now, maybe 2 in a couple of levels).

The way I see it if I boost persuasion(1 point) and voice of the dragon(2 points) I can go with my griffins and humans/elves army without having to use the virgins set(the morale bonus is nice) because their single stats are pretty meh...
I would definitely recommend VotD over maxing out Glory. By this point in the game, the leadership bonus from Glory is not significant. Also, sounds like you have the runes to spare, so go for it.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Is it just me or has Demon Portal been nerfed, for example? I thought it used to summon way more units, especially with 70+ int.
Early on I was using an artifact (the name escapes me) which boosted both Demon Portal & Call of the Wild by 20%; when I started using other artifacts I thought that my Demon Portal was... rather anemic.

See if you have that artifact and perhaps removed it from use; if you've got it, try putting it back on.

Also, check to see if you have ranks in the Summoner talent in the Magic skill tree.