Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
What would be very useful, and should be do-able by 1C right now, is a list of events (I know you gave some earlier), how to use them, and sample code for many key mission stages like start timing, event selection and actions, identifying army and player and messaging, etc etc, I'm sure you could add many more.
I have expressed a wish to developers for having ability to enter arbitrary amount of meta data in ME and access them in script. This way it would be possible to write some kind of universal script, which could interpret meta data and do some things (like timed spawn, auto despawn and so on). This would be useful for mission designers without coding knowledge.

Quote:
Some real cut and paste stuff for those of us caught between C# guru and complete C# novice in which we could easily see where to edit in our own minimal info.
Cut and paste approach begins to show disadvantages when you need to make multiple parts work together. You simply need to know what those parts do, or desirable result will be hardly reached.

Quote:
Its bad enough that we don't have a graphical interface but to give their customers C# scripting without even a catalogue of the game parameters and not even a basic guide is just daft.
Start a whining campaign (targeted at Luthier). I am serious. I got impression that devs usually help us only in their free time, and there is no one assigned for writing any documentation/samples/examples for us.