Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > IL-2 Movies

IL-2 Movies All fan movies are presented in here

Old 11-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Albert Fagler WWII Video

S~ all,

Someone sent me a link to this story. It is about a man that was a combat photographer in WWII and had 3 reels of film in his home that he had kept after the war. His grandsons found them and turned them over to experts that could view them after his death. The Library of Congress now owns them and are available to view. Here is a link to the video. It is about 16-17 minutes long and has a wide variety of shots, both on the ground and in the air. If you can't view through this link just search his name. Albert Fagler.

S~
MadJek

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...50485#27650485
Old 11-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Mmm, really great gun camera clips from about 10 minutes into the film. The first 10 minutes are really boring so don't quit, the last 6 minutes are worth it. Best deflection shot I've seen in a gun cam reel at about 12.55...
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Definitely never-before-seen guncam footage!!!! Excellent quality. Some exceptionally long duration gunfiring sequences...

Oddly enough, I get a strange feeling at 15:35-15:56 watching an FW190 with its gear down, low altitude, the pilot seemingly trying to just get down alive, possibly even in an airfield landing approach ...very likely wounded as well. Helpless, unable for whatever reason to maneuver defensively. Watching it/him being pounded relentlessly is just a bit sad.

I'm very much understanding of the 'war is hell', 'the enemy is the enemy' facts of life. Been there, done that myself. It's just somehow sad in this guncam sequence.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider View Post
Definitely never-before-seen guncam footage!!!! Excellent quality. Some exceptionally long duration gunfiring sequences...

Oddly enough, I get a strange feeling at 15:35-15:56 watching an FW190 with its gear down, low altitude, the pilot seemingly trying to just get down alive, possibly even in an airfield landing approach ...very likely wounded as well. Helpless, unable for whatever reason to maneuver defensively. Watching it/him being pounded relentlessly is just a bit sad.

I'm very much understanding of the 'war is hell', 'the enemy is the enemy' facts of life. Been there, done that myself. It's just somehow sad in this guncam sequence.
I initially thought the same thing, but then I watched that sequence again. The film is in slow motion. It was probably one pass, and the gear looked like they were not in a locked position. I'm no expert by any means, but the gear could have come down when he took damage on a previous pass. Who knows what happened to shooter's wingman the day before. Nevertheless, it is always bad to see someone struggle. One more reason why we should be so very greatful to all the Veterans out there.

S~
MadJek

Last edited by MadJek; 11-15-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

Of course it's sad!

I was watching another guncamera clip recently where a guy bails out and his parachute is ripped off his body.

It's chilling.