Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:37 AM
Approved Member

We're there not heavy fighter and bomber variations on both the A and the B model of the Me410? I was also surprised to see that it was entering service in 1943 rather than late 1944 as I had originally thought it might have. Amazing that it couldn't fit a pair of SC500s without the bomb bays being open... I guess that wasn't the original idea for the type? What about external stores or was it restricted/limited in doing that? Obviously internal carriage is better for aerodynamics.

All of this makes me really want to have it in the game someday (I mean fully... Don't get me started ). It seems like it would be very interesting to fly... With a Stuvi bombsight for dive bombing that would be idea as a tactical heavy fighter. Better than guessing with the Bf110G-2 which is often what I find myself doing online. I guess the other real draw would be bomber interception with all of the various armament configurations.

I saw drawings in one of the links for a dual MK103 install but I read somewhere that it was never used. What happened there?

Last edited by IceFire; 11-23-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

Some of the 410B-2 had two MK103 in the weaponsroom. First delivery was june 44.From 320 build B-2s around 100 were armed with MK103 , the rest with 5cm BK (/U4) or the 2 additional MG151/20 (/U2)
But you have to consider, the development of the MK103 took a lot of time. It became realy serviceable short before the Me410 programm was canceled, by order of 1. July 44.
The last 40 Me410s were delivered to the LW in September 44.

the 410 could carry small bombs (SC50/70, AB23) at 4 bombracks below the innersection of the wing.
but the frontunits deleted them very fast to get more speed and range.....................
another annyoing point was, already with the 210 , that the bombload of 8xSC50 intern couldnt be used in a diveattack . the bombs didnt came clear from the bombbay

Last edited by JG53Frankyboy; 11-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.