Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Nope, tried it out for a few hours with each patch. Impressed with the desastersoft campaigns, the game though? Not so much...
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

New franchise.
New engine.

Upside:
No UBI?

(The cartoony feel of RoF would perhaps work in an African campaign.)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Dont you think, that first you should make CLOD playable and than sell new game? It is not fair to forget about sim lovers whou has bought Cliffs of dover. It is just my opinion but I think many people here thinks the same.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312_Jura View Post
That is a nonsense.. (the game itself is free btw)..
nonsense !!

the game was never free in the first few years, you got a couple of planes with the initial game and from then on you had to buy more items in order to stay competitive online and get newer better planes

after a few years of doing this and sales lagging, RoF decided to give you the initial 2 plane "game" for free but with limited options of how to play it. this was done very deliberately to sukker in a whole new swarm of players that would otherwise not have bought the game, and to be able to sell to a large percentage of them more planes and other items over the following months

free, no, not by far
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Falstaff

At last, some sanity. And a moment of schadenfreude at the expense of the Clod 'defenders of the faith'.

Not a moral victory as such, just quiet satisfaction that sanity has prevailed.

I cannot see how any future development can be anything but an improvement. It may be expensive, but it should at least be competent.

There is hope yet

Last edited by Falstaff; 12-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

I really welcome this news - it will be a terrific sim but sadly there won't be a tie in to CloD,which I really enjoy & had hoped til now would be part of the upcoming Russian Frnt , but with the RoF engine that won't happen...sigh...I'll be first in line to buy it tho...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
I really welcome this news - it will be a terrific sim but sadly there won't be a tie in to CloD,which I really enjoy & had hoped til now would be part of the upcoming Russian Frnt , but with the RoF engine that won't happen...sigh...I'll be first in line to buy it tho...
Yes but if successful, it certainly sounds like future sequels will tie into it. I think we should all hope for it's success, not much to choose from out there for a WWII sim.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Isn't os possible to rewrite CLOD and use the same engine for this title? I think the opinion of CLOD users is important because players like me will not buy the new game before CLOD is playable.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

I think you guys need to chill out. We barely know ANYTHING, be patient. Read the short FAQ. It will be a newer and modified RoF engine. So I'm sure it will be better than RoF currently in most ways.

I think this is pretty awesome. 777 studios does a great job with news and updates, keeping people informed.

Yes I'm sure we'll have to shell out some more cash similar to RoF. But wake up, this isn't the 90's sim market. Sims are VERY complex, yet a SMALL part of the market. They do need to make money somehow.

I'm looking forward to this, 777 Studios and Maddox Talent combined? Sounds like a simmers dream to me.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post
Yes I'm sure we'll have to shell out some more cash similar to RoF. But wake up, this isn't the 90's sim market. Sims are VERY complex, yet a SMALL part of the market. They do need to make money somehow.

I'm looking forward to this, 777 Studios and Maddox Talent combined? Sounds like a simmers dream to me.

+1

Well said.