Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

i'm a little confused about the new content. wasn't there some new content added to the game already not too long ago? if so, is it in a patch form or does it come when with when you purchase the game now? also, is the bonus disc going to be free or does it have to be purchased? thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

any news? the rusian version is expected in february. I guess we'll have more news then.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

I wonder if this will be available for me as a Gamersgate customer.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Approved Member

It is supposed to appear on 5/2/2010 (day/month/year), in russian. I guess we'll have more info later. it might be released as a patch too.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

DGD: can you please translate it to us?
http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.ph...ic=6039&st=240
I managed to read some of it using google translate and as far as I could understand it's been postponed for a while. is it correct?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
not some rushed up, full of bugs sequel like Disciples 3, for example, which is by no means worthy of carrying the disciples title..
DGDobrev, I read that they spent a fair bit of time working on Disciples 3. From the trailers and such it looks awesome, the dark imagery and graphic art is sweet. Makes me think future versions of KB should collaborate with Luis Royo to do all the unit and hero art and animations. I haven't played D3 yet, waiting for the English release, hoping it comes soon. I loved D 1 & 2. So you say D3 doesn't live up? Sad to hear.

I hope they make a genuine follow up to KBAP with major additions and improvements. I'm working on a wish list for what I'd like to see in a new KB. Big list... I agree I hope they put a lot of time and sincerity into a follow up. I'm happy to wait. All should take the example of Blizzard.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

Wow!

Two words: map editor. All I ever wanted for this game. Can hardly believe it!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD View Post
DGDobrev, I read that they spent a fair bit of time working on Disciples 3. From the trailers and such it looks awesome, the dark imagery and graphic art is sweet. Makes me think future versions of KB should collaborate with Luis Royo to do all the unit and hero art and animations. I haven't played D3 yet, waiting for the English release, hoping it comes soon. I loved D 1 & 2. So you say D3 doesn't live up? Sad to hear.

I hope they make a genuine follow up to KBAP with major additions and improvements. I'm working on a wish list for what I'd like to see in a new KB. Big list... I agree I hope they put a lot of time and sincerity into a follow up. I'm happy to wait. All should take the example of Blizzard.
I'm sorry for the belated answer on that

Well, I also loved Disciples 1 & 2. D2 was amazing. I'm sad to report that D3, the way it is, is downright awful. I had the opportunity to play through all the campaigns in the Russian version - not to mention that they are buggy, and to start the next one you have to revert to the former patch, finish the game, then go back to the last available, which is unthinkable for a finished game. Not to mention that you always get a pre-set hero that moves through the campaigns and in the state the game is now, you can't play a hero of your choosing, you can only recruit warrior, archer (guildmaster) and mage heroes as support to your main one.

What I disliked was the concentration points - places where damage is doubled for the unit standing on it (circles for melee, hills for ranged and magic spring or something for casters). That's like having a spot where a stack of black knights can stand and smack double-damage hits at any enemy that blindly rushes towards them, before any other bonuses kick in, which can amount to 600k criticals. Although they provide certain tactical value, they can turn a battle around and make the AI look stupid. At least in D1 and D2 battles were decided by army lineup and troop strength, which usually gave you quite some trouble against tough enemies.

I agree that graphics are cool, towns do not seem that static, but in essence, nothing has changed. D3 is D2 revamped with better graphics. Units are pretty much the same and the building trees are copied 1:1. The only difference is the RPG development of your lords and that they have pretty much the same movement, which puts them on at a disadvantage. Why use a Guildmaster when a Mage has the same move speed and much more utility (not to mention damage) at higher levels? Not that you have a free map to use them on, though. They'll come with the expansion.

This is why I considered Disciples 3 a flop and it pains me greatly to see such a great game getting such an awful sequel. I can only hope that the expansions and the numerous patches can fix and improve it.

@Mandea

Sorry for the belated answer too...

They are talking about the gold edition, that will include KBTL + KBAP in a single package. There are certain mention of the bonus disc, but I didn't see anything conclusive.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 02-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Has anyone (perhaps DGDobrev) heard something new from the new patch (or gift pack)? Is it released in Russia? Or what is the new release date? (I think originally it should be the 5.February)
Old 03-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

It's not ready yet, not even in russian. I've read about it on the russian forum.