Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Khelmar Strait : Multiplayer Map - Capture & Hold Settlements

The Khelmar Strait Scenario is a Human vs. Orc custom scenario with a twist.

Success heavily depends on your ability to capture and defend key settlements. At the end of each turn you receive income in gold for each settlement under your control. You can use the gold to purchase new units or to bolster your existing forces.

Here is the download link for the Khelmar Strait map.

http://files.filefront.com/Khelmar+S.../fileinfo.html

Simply extract the files into your Fantasy Wars "\Data\Levels\Multiplayer" folder to install the map.

It took me longer than expected to put this multiplayer map together due to some nasty bugs in the map editor. Now, that it's finished, I hope you guys will download and enjoy it.

Any feedback on the map would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Commoner; 04-14-2008 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Link Update
Old 04-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Registered Member

Talking

Update : Check for conditions in which either Humans or Orc controls all five settlements on the map was added to give the appropriate income in gold at the end of each turn.

Note : Forgot to add this condition because initially I intended to set victory conditions so that if either player owns all the settlements, the match would end with the player who conquered all five settlements being declared as the winner. I changed the conditions later on, however, because the computer would end the game if ever either player lost all their troops regardless of how many settlements were under their control. This prompted me to change the mission objective to simply wipe out the opposing player's forces instead of conquering all settlements. After making the changes, however, I forgot to take into account the possibility that either player might actually control all five settlements and still need to eliminate the rest of the opposing player's troops. The updated map takes this possibility into account

Last edited by Commoner; 04-14-2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Hello Commoner,

Do you mind if you add this map to Strategy Informer's Fantasy Wars section? You can upload it here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/mods/upload.php?g=6040
Old 04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for sending that in, encase you didn't get the email. It's available here for download: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/m...d.html#id23304