Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Version 1.0.0.8 (22.05.2012) - correction of several mistakes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tetmnebwic8suum

For those who else has no version 1.0.0.7 - download full archive. Version 1.0.0.8 is established atop 1.0.0.7

http://www.mediafire.com/?9m9fpnp499889tk

Last edited by Asura; 05-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

The first campaigns for Asura's new DGen are now available.

You can download my Solomon Islands DGen campaigns here:
http://www.axis-and-allies-paintwork...d.php?view.532

The discussion thread is here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...c,25745.0.html
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Thank you to both of you, have it working on a 4.11 mod version with no problems,

and with some slight editing,

Very very cool

Last edited by fruitbat; 05-24-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura View Post
Unfortunately I have no initial NGEN codes and I at all don't represent as on-line generators in game work. But I can talk to Starshoy on this matter when it will appear in a network. While anything I will not promise.
Thank you for your answer. I will keep my eyes open for any future developments.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for all your hard work on this!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:25 AM
What the heck...?

Many Thanks!

I've already started work on templates for a new DGen campaign, but this was before I learned about the new DGen being released. This should be interesting.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:21 AM
Approved Member

Ok, I just found out about a tendency of this new Dgen that I don't like at all. But maybe our friend Asura can fix it??

Ok, first of all to test this new DGEN I am starting simple and just so far am trying one campaign out. Flying a Buffalo for the Dutch in Singapore. Right now I am busy flying more old campaigns using old DGEN in a different installation of IL2 on another place on my hard disk. So I haven't done much with this new one but have already posted some things for Asura in this thread that I hope helped.

What I tried to do but it is giving my trouble is something you could easily do with the old DGEN but so far not so well with this version. I simply tried to stop flying the old Buffalo and start flying a non-historical plane instead. I tried to change my plane in mid campaign to a early British P-40, the one with the internal name of P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A. To want to fly a strange plane in a 'what-if' scenario, although it didn't happen, is after all, within the spirit on 1946 because Oleg decided to do the whole 'what-if' the war lasted longer than it really did and they started to fly more jets. And these 'fantasy jets' were put in the game as a result.

So what I did was something I did many times in the past, I found the last ####.mis file generated, changed all of the Buffaloes to the early P-40, then found the status.dat file and changed the plane in that too. What the latter modification does is it will make you change to the new plane from that next mission until the next campaign change ( if a different plane is slated for the next campaign ) or until you repeat the process again to change to yet another plane.

I feel you should be able to do this, despite how unrealistic it might be. The whole idea Oleg had of the war lasting to 1946 was unrealistic to, was it not?
The old DGEN allowed you to do extremely strange changes, you could fly the Me-262 in 1941 if you wanted to. The only thing you could not do was violate the Red/Blue ( Allied plane/Axis plane ) structure. You of course could not have flown the Me-262 for the British, for example.

But I cannot get the P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A to work in the early Dutch campaign at all. It gives me grievous errors and kills the campaign forever, requiring a total restart with a plane "it likes".

So Asura, can we change this situation to allow this as the old DGEN did?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

I now have more specific information on my trying to change to the P-40 ( non-historical ) in the Singapore campaign. When I first tried it, in the Dgen_modERROR.log, I got the following last line:

The plane P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A nation Holland not found in the list AllClasses.dat or Singapore2planes.dat

Well, the only trouble being is that the P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A is indeed in the AllClasses.dat file!!

It's in there as shown here:

P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A;true;FIGHTER;0;0;0

The second and biggest problem in the error code is it says it's not in the Singapore2planes.dat file either. Big problem because there is no such thing as the Singapore2planes.dat file. I did a search starting at Ubisoft root directory for the game and no such file is found anywhere.

So then what I did was to create a Singapore2planes.dat file from scratch and force the issue. I did not know where to put it so I put it in both the DGEN folder and the new MOD folder under the DGEN folder, figuring an extra file in either folder would not hurt anything.

This still does not allow me to fly the P_40SUKAISVOLOCH2A in the Singapore campaign though. Now the Dgen_modERROR.log file shows a different error and one even more perplexing.

The lines as follows:

= DGen_mod 1.0.0.7 (16/05/2012) =
seed: 6229125
ParamStr: du 0
DGen_mod initialization. Side: du, Rank: 0
RandomFlights=2
MaxFLAK=10
MaxBomberSkill=0
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Normal
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=Medium
SlowFire=1.0
PromotionRate=0.10
Career ID: Du1
Load DGen\Singapore2Planes.dat:
Singapore:Singapore
Inherits Singapore
Load DGen\mod\SingaporeTowns.dat:
EnemyNation from stock: Japan
ReadDB sorties:1
Load DGen\mod\AllWing.dat:
TestWing(f,s): 119SquadronNEI 0 00
Cannot find plane PBN1

Now I'm really stumped because I don't understand how the PBN1 aircraft and that particular squadron have to do with anything!!

Just thought this might help Asura figure this all out. Hope it helps. I do hope we retain the old ability to change to whatever plane we want to, no matter how historical or not it might be.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Ok Fearfactor, you almost correctly did everything for addition P-40 in campaign, now I will tell that it is necessary to complete. To make possibility of free addition of planes in the generator to me it was necessary to alter algorithms of the program a few. Was enough earlier that in the EuroPlanes.dat or PacificPlanes.dat files the plane was specified from the necessary Faction (Allies or Axis). In the new generator the indication of the Nation of the plane is necessary.
Add in the AllPlanes.dat file the next line:
Allies;Holland;Fighter;P_40SUKAISVOLOCHHAWKA2;340; 4000;4000;default;1
Also remove the DGen\Singapore2Planes.dat file. It should help and campaign will be started.