Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boandlgramer View Post
Why not ?
BTW: which war do you mean ? The war that end all wars or the hundreds after ?
It´s from Fawlty towers, a British sitcom from 1975. Highly recommend to see it.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why not ?

Or if you dont have time for the whole thing

Last edited by Tiger27; 06-30-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

ok, I'll retract that and substitute with "disapprove of". Being no native english speaker, my dictionary says something along the line of "to think little of". But I realize it may have other, stronger meanings.

@Blackdog: I'm not completely sure. Maybe I'm whining after a great, missed opportunity. As I said, the potential of CoD is just awesome and that's what still bothers me in a way.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why not ?
Another one that has missed Fawlty Towers...

EDIT: I noticed I'm no 2 with the Cleese ref...

Last edited by mazex; 06-30-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Afaik Luthier said he'd stick to friday updates (patch or no patch). I can't figure out a legit argument for whining about updates until tomorrow adound 5pm local. Enjoy what I have, will enjoy it more in the future
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
@Blackdog: I'm not completely sure. Maybe I'm whining after a great, missed opportunity. As I said, the potential of CoD is just awesome and that's what still bothers me in a way.
Well, i can certainly understand that, although your messages usually give a different kind of impression. Maybe it's a language barrier thing and you just come off the wrong way, i don't know, but it's certainly possible (i'm not a native speaker either).

Anyway, no hard feelings. If i were in your shoes i'd just forget about it and check up on it later on. There's enough people here collecting bug reports and helping get a "list of what needs to be included" for the developer team and many can make their case in a calm manner (so we avoid flames and stick to the subject), so you don't need to worry that if you take a break nobody will annoy them to fix the sim

I mean, i'm one of the most positively minded people around here and i've still come up with a half a dozen page list of immediate bug fixes and future feature ideas. I just have a little more luck than others getting my point across, thanks to using softer words. It's not only the message that counts, it's the delivery as well
Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

I dunno. Yeah, there are lots of bugs, some are almost game killers. The FMs are still porked, the coms are a joke, the campaign is non existant, all what we have is the core game. That, however, is so great its almost painful not not use it at times.

Anyways, Maddox games is woking on it, and that is what it comes down to. They may have different priorities then what I wish them to do first, they may not be as "in" the community as I personally wished for, either, but they are "working".

Compare that to some other sims like Silent Hunter V, where after Patch 1.3 nothing came in anymore, and that despite an even greater chaos.

I give up on this Sim only once the Devs give up.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
In addition, it's still buggy and no one even seems to bother to shuffle some tables around to bring some order into the menu. I consider this a personal insult to my intelligence - I hate to say those words, which are well worn out, but this is a genuine 'slap in the face', if there ever was one.
What intelligence?! You kidding? You are stupid enough to go bragging about this game even if you don`t play it. Yeah, a slap in the face with a friggin video game. Where`s that lawsuit you keep talking about, genius?

Quote:
Hell, it was enthusiastically announced that "most, if not all AI commands" will work as of the recent patch. Slap. Ouch. And while we're still sitting around luthier in a semi-circle and listen to his wonderous promises, full of respect and admiration, I still lose half the squadron when I'm the leader and I'm attempting to land (due to AI reacting to more pronounced movement, flying into the ground etc.)
But thank god we have a new online lobby to enjoy the MP sound bug more. Yay!
That is your take on the facts. I keep enjoying the game in ~3 hour sessions in sp regardless. Doesn`t bother me because I ACTUALLY HAVE OTHER, MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS TO THINK ABOUT. You`re whining as if it was the end of the world but NEWS FLASH it isn`t! If you can`t find anything enjoyable about this game, whining won`t help you (which you WOULD have figured out if you were intelligent).

Quote:
The game is dead. They may be writing things, they may even try hard to 'fix' things for some time to come, but... yeah, you've witnessed it all. It's over. And I despise Team Maddox for throwing such great potential, which I looked forward to for some time, straight into the trashcan (can't even imagine the reason for their modus operandi except inability...). No Battle of Moscow Add-on for me.
Ok. It is dead. Now when you put it that way, it is all over for you. Time to find another video game to have a reason to sit in front of your pc all day. Don`t let the door hit you on the way out.

One whiner down, handfull to go.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Calm down carguy, I feel your anguish and I know how frustrating it is to try to talk common sense to people that don't or unwilling to have any.

They even have started to wind up blackdog and GRAthos with there nonsense and myself more than once I thinks it's about time we all learnt how to use the great ignore feature of this forum.

We KNOW that this game will be a classic just remember that, in the future you can decide to either rub it in these fools faces or take the high road and forgive them for there dazzling idiocy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

Nearly all these threads end up like a dog chasing it's own tail. Tiresome.
Closed Thread