Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturmKreator View Post
I dont think so, the software is too poorly optimized, my vga still can run every game at max settings with my configuration, so that is not the problem, by that logic, only high-end pcs user could run this sim? graphics are not too amazing for me.

but the new engine come whith the new game right?

And waht about the memory leak? and crash?

Yeah you do need an upgrade, it doesn't matter if your system can run every other game on the planet. You're trying to run Il-2 Sturmovik CLiffs of Dover and that requires more system than what you have.

do a search for people who have ran this game without too much issues and look at their systems

on my last job, We have this our 4+ core (cant tell how many cores it has, disclosure agreement), 32+ gig ram, dual sli 1 G nvidia equipped This is used by our clients for video editing.

my boss wants a few backups so we build some extras, and test them

when Clod is the only thing running on it, sometimes it'll crash, and when we pull the logs its cuz CLod ran it to the ground.

This server they've had played cysis 2, with dragon age 2 paused and minimized, maya running and lightwave doing a render, while vegas running sync edits, with Space Marine running, pandora, and MS office 2010 can do a mail merge. Plus doing a data transfers to another server. no crashes or slowdowns.

yea clod needs to be optimized, but it likes beast systems and won't give weaksauce systems the time of day.

Clod by itself sometimes crashes it. but at least it runs enough to have some fun.

I'd put clod on my humble dual core dell with 4 gig ram 1 gig nvidia, the desktop hated me. wouldn't run at all.

Save yourself a headache, upgrade or get something better.
Post relocated from Q&A
Old 12-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Try typing exactly: fps START SHOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
Can someone pleas confirm how to show fps in game?

I am getting the console up and typing

Fps start show

But it doesn't display. Do I have it right?

Also,

I have a quad core ( have unpicked the epi filter in menu) bout although I see activity on all cores, it's very low, core0 which I think should be doing all / most work is only about 20% max.

I , also have a issues with quite a lot of the time when flying the spitfire I don't get tracers. Hurricane seems ok with tracers tho.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Default CoD game crashes downscreen to "activity bar/field*"

Hi, I am newbie to CoD from Sweden (sorry for my not perfect english, hope You understand) and have not yet learned more than doing basic flying in Hurricane, Me 109 and Spitfire in the quickmissions. A problem destroys the experience though
The game (I have the latest version via steam update, to this date = april 4th, 2012) every time after one to two minutes "crashes" down to the bottom of my screen, the bar/field there in Windows 7. I do not know its english name * for sure. Maybe it is the "activity field"/"activity bar"?

I.e. the game behaves as if I runned the game in a windoved mode and volontary "clicked it" down to the bar so I can see/use the windows desktop. It even has it's icon there and it comes up to normal when I click on it - and then I can fly for a minute again before it repeat the same problem. It makes learning the sim quite impossible. I do not have a clue what to do to fix this? Please help me if You can.
I start the game via clicking on the Icon, the comes the steam and then after shift+tab (it does not btw respond on that commando without multiple tries). I then come to the game proper screens without problems. I have tried the game in 1920 x 1200 and several other resolutions. Now I use 1600 x 1200 for better FPS with most videooptions maxed out. I have AA to 8x, disabled the anti-Ep filter, use SSAO and VSYNC (have tried all other combinations too, I think..). The problem is the same when I try it on fullscreen, pseudo or off.
I have no problems with DCS A-10C or Rise of Flight or other programs I have.

MY PC: MSI motherboard. AMD Phenomen(tm)II x6 1100T processor. 3,3 GHz. I have two AMD Radeon HD 6900grafic cards with cross-fire. 17 GB installed memory. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The game is installed in the standard way on my C-drive. My screen is a Samsung syncmaster with max resolution 1920 x 1200, 60 Hz. I use TM Hotas Warthog (mapped ingame for buttons and axes),Saitec Pro Combat rudderpedals and a Logitech G19 keyboard.
I have the latest driver for my graphics card says the program when I tried to update it (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc, date 2012-03-08, version: 8.951.0.0).

I just hope that someone here can give me advice what to do.
Best Regards, Michael E, Sweden
Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Default Problem solved!

Thank You klem!!!!!

Changing in conf.ini to: Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0, made the trick. I now can fly the time I want to

Best Rgds // Michael E
Old 12-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

Default Online Issues

Hi there Pilots...

I had installed the CoD few days ago.

The simulator is running ok in all single player types of flight, but when I try to enter in a Online server the game begin to came very slow in the map screen. Ater a while the speed turn back to normal but when I try to select an airfield to take off, the simulator stop working and a Windows "close Cliffs of Dover" appears on the screen.

Can anybody help me to make possible for me online flights?????
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSuardi View Post
Hi there Pilots...

I had installed the CoD few days ago.

The simulator is running ok in all single player types of flight, but when I try to enter in a Online server the game begin to came very slow in the map screen. Ater a while the speed turn back to normal but when I try to select an airfield to take off, the simulator stop working and a Windows "close Cliffs of Dover" appears on the screen.

Can anybody help me to make possible for me online flights?????
Please post your PC specs, like under my signature, or it's unlikely anyone can help.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders