Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Default Game won't start, tried everything

I have now fixed the problem, but I'll leave the original post in case somebody gets in the same situation.
My solution is as follows:

My Windows 7 installation got somehow bugged after 2 years of having it, so it was impossible to upgrade to SP1.

I finally just resigned and reinstalled with Windows 7 SP1, installed every update (except KB2670838, which I was told is evil), and now it's working. If I could go back with my current knowledge I'd try to find .NET 4.5.1, which didn't appear to be available for non-SP1 Windows 7 but was in Windows Update after SP1 installation.

Now the game launches perfectly. So if you're in a rut as I was, give SP1 a try (and if you already have it... reinstall )

Original post:

Hello CoD community!

I've bought this one recently, as I've been a long time addict on IL-2 1946, it was about time to step up!

So installed, and the game didn't launch at all (orange circle with plane appears for a millisecond,nothing happens)

I've googled around, I've seen every single resource here and on ATAG forum and everywhere else that remotely mentioned the problem.

My specs:
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 32 °C
Deneb 45nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-M EVO (AM3)
Graphics
HP S2031 (1600x900@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 (Gigabyte)
Hard Drives
112GB Samsung SSD 840 Series SATA Disk Device (SSD)
233GB Hitachi HDT725025VLA380 SATA Disk Device (SATA)

Anyway, nothing works. Installed, repaired, uninstalled and reinstalled redistributables, from the game folder and from microsoft, cleared the cache, updated graphic card driver (which wasn't very out of date anyway, the one I had was like a month old tops, a 331 driver), verified integrity of game cache, running launcher as admin, with and without TF mod, antivirus isn't blocking anything (made an exception for the game folder just in case)... Every single method that anybody has ever mentioned, I've tried.

I'm at the end of my patience now, must have reinstalled the game upwards of 10 times, and miscellaneous redist crap more than 50 times, and it's still stubbornly refusing to run. I'm not formatting and reinstalling everything for this one game, so that's the one option left I guess.

I've seen people having this problem a lot on Windows 8, but of course the Windows 8 fix doesn't work on 7...

So yeah, seriously contemplating uninstalling for good and forgetting about the spent money. Any ideas?

Last edited by XJ220; 01-22-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Approved Member

Default game just does not work

I tried net 4.5.1 and all directx drivers in the regist folder of the game. I am not going to reinstall windows for a old game.

But would love fix it and play.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Default windows 7 steam version won't get past gold emblem.

I reload directx, net 4.5.1 and still does not load. Had this game over a year and never been able to play it once.