Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventure mode (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Default Gah! No more royal snakes!

That's it, I just wanted to share with you my discontent, and I've run out right after I got the boots that give them +1 init and speed (very helpful). There were only 100-something royal snakes to be found in the underground cave, and there were none whatsoever anywhere in the swamp! Major bummer!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

Lol, in my last game I found this item in Freedom Islands but no snake here. When I came back to Darion I changed wife and pick royal snakes. But I had sacrifice so even 100 would have been enough but I had multiple packs of more than 1000.

Later I even found the Ring of Snake King. But even later I changed and give up with Royal Snake because I could not find a right combination with Royal Snake + Anga Ruby team + Wife adapted to items found. Feanora is great for a mage but the one weapon price is very rude with the choice of weapons offered by the game.

In fact I played the same part multiple time to have three variations before labyrinth, one was still with Feanora + Royal Snake and snake stuff. But I played only one variation and not the one with Feanora and Royal Snakes. I won't say it's very logical as Royal Snake + Ring + Boot is a dam strong combination. But have many weapon choices with Xeona and an Anga Ruby team means so many options.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Royal Snakes are always in count around 100 at snake cave, they are often in castles at swamps or at marta's hut. Also they can be in very large number ( over 2k or so) in Magic Valley in Ellinia (there are either snakes or wolves there)
Old 08-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

There's also a chance to get them in Animal shop in Greeenwort. I never seen them in Magic Valley but well I didn't played so many games. I suppose you mean the shop near the werewolf pack and small crystals field.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

Yep. as i wrote its randomized beetween snakes and wolves
Old 09-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

If you do all the Frogman Brother's quest, I'm pretty sure the selection and number of creatures they sell increases. For me, Squelch almost always sells Royal Snakes and Werewolf Elves, while Bagaba often sells Beholder and sometimes even Evil Beholders.

Snakes are awesome, with Frog feanora and the Snake Ring, they were my Paladin's units that did the most damage over the whole game.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

It's just a shame there's no level 4 Snake unit in AP.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

but you have no feanora as well so they lose their power
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
It's just a shame there's no level 4 Snake unit in AP.
Yeah, the greatest weakness of Snakes is that they are level 3 - not because of the HP (that can be helped with the "mask of youth") but because some spells, like beholder and dryad's sleep, affect them.

At least we are getting a pretty awesome Level 4 Griffin, they have been one of my favourite units in KB... the new Royal Griffins seem even better from what I saw in the demo!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

but paladin >> all its awesome unit