Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Keep in mind that bombbay3 are the wingbombs (IIRC, long time since i started CoD tbh) and if you have selected all bombbays for a interval ( or series , is this so called in the english version!?) the small bombs are released first andnthe "big ones" as the last.

And the Gyro compas is still not working- so no course autopilot in the Ju 88.

One thing that makes the Ju 88 flying easier is to delete the front MG15. you have a much better view on the engineinstruments. And as long this weapon can not be fixed and fired by the pilot ( possible in a real 8, this gun is not SO important
Old 06-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Oh, I did all that already, it is a nice job watching 32bombs falling...
BUT, the damage on the runway has no effect to the planes taking off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
One thing that makes the Ju 88 flying easier is to delete the front MG15.
How do you do that????

But the real bad news is that the 10+18 SC50 bombs seem to need at least 900m of alt to arm and explode
am I correct?

The SC500 I could drop at low alt diving and had no problem to make them explode.

AND, did I experience correctly that the bombardier can not release the bombs????

~S~
Old 07-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

To get rid of the co-pilot's MG go into the loadout screen (where you choose the fuel loadout) and at the top you'll see a list of weapons loaded. You can disable any kind of weapon on any aircraft just like loading/unloading palettes

As for your other observations, for the bomb impact spacing to work you need to have accurate altitude and ground speed values input to the bomb computer. If i set a bomb impact spacing of 30 meters, i'm flying at 2000m and 300km/h and the bomb computer thinks i'm flying at 1000m and 200km/h, i won't get a spacing of 30 meters but something else.

Furthermore, that data has to be your altitude and ground speed (not IAS, but TAS corrected for wind) at the moment of bomb drop. In other words, if you want to achieve a specific pattern while dive bombing you have to estimate the amount of speed you'll be having at the end of your dive and use that value, along with the altitude you want to drop from.

The good thing is that IAS/TAS differences are smaller when you go low and since you are almost vertical and dropping from low altitude the wind will not have too much of an effect, so in theory you might just be able to get away with setting your release altitude and the terminal IAS of your dive into the bomb computer for diving attacks.

The inconvenience in all this is that you don't know what kind of speed you'll be having at the end of the dive beforehand, so you will have to do some practice runs offline and see what speeds you get at the end of the dive with your chosen power settings.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos View Post

AND, did I experience correctly that the bombardier can not release the bombs????

~S~
yep, one of the very 'smart' decissions of 1C was that the shortcutcommand "release bombs" is not working from the bombarider position , only from pilot position.
In the Blenheim and Br.20 you have to use the mouse to activate the 3D cockpit lever/button, in the Heinkel and Junkers you are depending on the automatik bombrelease function of their bombsight.

About bombexplosion, it propably depends what bombfuze you have selected !
But first, i personaly will not do any tests till the arming menue is actually working (i lost the patience in that), and second the fuzes are bugged anyway, as the time 'bars' are not working. IIRC you cant set any timedelay to 0 in the moment in german bombs.
The game has still to grow IMHO !
Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
in the Heinkel and Junkers you are depending on the automatik bombrelease function of their bombsight.
So what you are saying is that if I have my HE111 trimmed and level on autopilot and my bombsight set to automatic the bombs will drop as long as I am in the pilot seat? Or can I be in the bombardier position? I've tried a few bombing sorties and have never seen the automatic bombsight release the bombs for me.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

I cant tell you actually!
Im always in the bombardier position, " leaned forward" looking through the bombsight (making small speed adjustments) when i am on a bombrun......
And for me , the automatic works, when the plane is flying stable enough that the bombsight is shkwing its aiming reticle.....