Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Default Thoughts about Difficulty

Hi, I'm really enjoying this game so far but I have some concerns about difficulty.

Namely, after first playing Crossworlds, I really enjoyed the difficulty on Hard there. But, I did find it too hard in the early game as a mage and slightly too easy in late game. Medium game was perfect.

That in mind, I started a campaign on Normal in WotN but I'm afraid it will become too easy early on, but I don't want to restart on Hard because that would be too hard early on and I would lose my current progress.

If I understand correctly, changing difficulty mid game is impossible. However, I was thinking, the main difference between Hard Difficulty and Normal Difficulty is mostly the 130% leadership increase mobs receive, correct?

Couldn't I gain an equivalent difficulty level, when I want it and how I want it, should I modify my own leadership? For example, if on every level I substract 1/4th to 1/3rd of my newly received leadership, it would be roughly the same as all mobs having 1.3 times more leadership (since I would have less).

Any thoughts on this? Recommended or not recommended?
I'm currently level 7 and I think if I halve my leadership "income" for a couple of levels and then consistently reduce it by 1/3rd I would have roughly the same perfect mid game difficulty curve of Hard mode.

Edit:

Seems I was a bit hasty. Decreasing leadership doesn't work with the console. Anybody have any suggestions?

Edit edit:

Aha, seems I can edit the game files to achieve the same effect!

in King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon opening ses and editing hero.txt I see that the mage class has this:

level_up {
leadership=10 //40,30
}

How would I go about editing this to achieve the above effect, if the above effect is desirable? I'm guessing it is something like 10 + k*(40 or 30) with k dependent on the level?

Last edited by Kalenden; 01-11-2013 at 07:32 PM.