Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 07-03-2022, 03:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Argh. Is there any workaround or I need to load a previous save /restart?
Nothing to do here to fix that in the game of yours. But you can just do some other quests/search other islands. It's not the End of the World.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molder View Post
Nothing to do here to fix that in the game of yours. But you can just do some other quests/search other islands. It's not the End of the World.
You mean, Portland plot is not critical to advance the main quest and complete the game? I didn't know that.
Old 07-03-2022, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You mean, Portland plot is not critical to advance the main quest and complete the game? I didn't know that.
I mean, it's not necessary to go through Portland completely first and only then move to other islands. There is also a tendency here that fights with heroes are much more difficult than regular squads, so the heroes need to be beaten the later, the better.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I mean, it's not necessary to go through Portland completely first and only then move to other islands. There is also a tendency here that fights with heroes are much more difficult than regular squads, so the heroes need to be beaten the later, the better.
Thanks for your advices and insight, Molder. They're very helpful.

Time to report a bug:

Death Eyes are not able to properly shock enemies. When their attacks/talent triggers the effect, it only decreases Initiative. Action Points remains the same. Quite annoying. Death eyes are both Leadership and gold extremely demandant.

----

Some features I would love to see someday:

For conveniency:

º At least four reserves available slots. Go and forth to the castles garrisoned troops is very time consuming.

The pants and belt additional slots were superb. Not just for convenience. Is very funny to have the chance to collect more items.

º Soldable troops! Waiting for it since The Legend.

º An optional time limit (clock) to move and act each turn. Like chess. Three minutes? Five? That's not so important. But a time limit for us players whom can expend ages before making our minds, would be great, a saver.

For challenge and realism:

º AI further improvements. I have noticed some (a few) weird behaviours here and there.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for your advices and insight, Molder. They're very helpful.

Time to report a bug:

Death Eyes are not able to properly shock enemies. When their attacks/talent triggers the effect, it only decreases Initiative. Action Points remains the same. Quite annoying. Death eyes are both Leadership and gold extremely demandant.

----

Some features I would love to see someday:

For conveniency:

º At least four reserves available slots. Go and forth to the castles garrisoned troops is very time consuming.

The pants and belt additional slots were superb. Not just for convenience. Is very funny to have the chance to collect more items.

º Soldable troops! Waiting for it since The Legend.

º An optional time limit (clock) to move and act each turn. Like chess. Three minutes? Five? That's not so important. But a time limit for us players whom can expend ages before making our minds, would be great, a saver.

For challenge and realism:

º AI further improvements. I have noticed some (a few) weird behaviours here and there.

Shock from Death Eyes is not a bug, but the standard mechanics of this effect. The fact is that they go last, that is, they do not have time to shock the enemy before he makes his move. In this case, only the Initiative is reduced for the next move, but not the Speed. You can try to raise their Initiative a lot, for example, with a Battle Cry spell - and you will see that in this case the Speed will also be cut.

Additional reserve slots - technically it is extremely difficult and will not work quite correctly. For this purpose, the number of Castles increases in each new patch so that there are places to store everything.

Selling troops is technically impossible to do normally, the game engine is not designed for this. Maximum - maybe something like this can be done with the help of artifacts and maybe a Blackie. Not in the near future.

The timer during the battle is technically impossible for sure.

AI is improving every patch. But he will never be reasonable as a person. There are two main reasons here - first, the AI does not know how to calculate moves for the future, it always makes only this particular move. Secondly, AI scripts are incredibly complex and cannot take into account any circumstances on the battlefield.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Something in Wizards and Archmages code, creature info or whatever leads to erratic and buggy AI behaviour:

Kamikaze doesn't kick in, some units lose their turn, etc.

It's a pity. That spread lightning looks awesome (although its damage overall is very poor)
Old 07-22-2022, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Something in Wizards and Archmages code, creature info or whatever leads to erratic and buggy AI behaviour:

Kamikaze doesn't kick in, some units lose their turn, etc.

It's a pity. That spread lightning looks awesome (although its damage overall is very poor)
Dunno whats wrong with mages, didn't notice anything like this.

Kamikaze is a pretty glitchy spell, the script wasn't changed from original for the reason "at least sometimes it works properly".
Old 07-22-2022, 02:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Dunno whats wrong with mages, didn't notice anything like this.

Kamikaze is a pretty glitchy spell, the script wasn't changed from original for the reason "at least sometimes it works properly".
I have attached a savegame below.

Yeah. Sometimes triggers almost right away and others at the correct time (when it's suppose to do, that is, the next round)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1658428754.zip (1.24 MB, 1 views)
Old 07-22-2022, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have attached a savegame below.

Yeah. Sometimes triggers almost right away and others at the correct time (when it's suppose to do, that is, the next round)
Even with the help of your save, I didn't understand what the problem with Archmages was. Everything works correctly for me - they strike with lightning, the enemy is shocked, but everything also goes forward and behaves correctly.
Old 07-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Even with the help of your save, I didn't understand what the problem with Archmages was. Everything works correctly for me - they strike with lightning, the enemy is shocked, but everything also goes forward and behaves correctly.
Please, check the save. I'm testing a bit and seeing that the problem may be well only related to one area or area condition. The only two fights where I have found the bug so far are the one against Lucia the Novice (Lucia had a few archmages), and the battle against some bears, an Ice minion and an Ice spider which all guard a shrine (mana boost, I presume) Upon loading the save you are next to the aforementioned enemy.

Currently I have only tested the Wizards in Whitehill and Monteville initial undead village where you arrive through sailing.