Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 09-11-2020, 09:51 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Post [SW1] Mutators Mod

I found this mod on my G:\ mods archive of star wolves.

Its a Mutators Mod and Application for Star Wolves 1 where you can adjust almost all XML Values in the game and randomize Fleet Sizes/Amounts and stuff.

I thought I'd make it available here, since I only found it just recently (actually, today)

Features:
  • ALL GLOBAL STATS are Customizable (Atleast those in the xml files)
  • Fleet Sizes and Strengths are randomized and Customizable
  • Comes with 4 batch file Mutators: "Double DMG for all Weapons/Turrets", "All Ships half Half Life and Half Shield", "Low Cost for all Ships", "Quad DMG for all Rocketry"

Last Notes: It comes with a prepackaged Game/ folder that contains the "Defaults" of the Mutator mod. Use this incase the program doesnt work for you.
The Batch files basically describe on how to pass the arguments to use the mutator tool.

Tutorial: Say you want to make all ships stupid fast, then youd have to make a batch file containing the following:
Code:
start "" "SWX.ModularMods.XMLMutators.exe" Game/ Carcasses 4.0 BigShip,Bomber,Interceptor max_speed
"Game/" describes where the xml files are at.
"Carcasses" describes the xml file and master XML Node
"4.0" is the mult factor
"BigShip,Bomber,Interceptor" is/are the name(s) containing our property [You can use multiple by using the , delimiter]
"max_speed" is the node of which we want to apply the mult factor on.

Incase you want to adjust the fleet strengths/sizes, they are at the top of the "Scripts/Include/create_flight_2.script" file

Mod by: "PytRk" [SWX.MM.RU] (2013)
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1udu...ew?usp=sharing
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 09-26-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Interesting. I haven't played a modded SW1 in forever. Personally, I enjoy the cheesy music from the first game the most so maybe I'll take trip.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:20 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Beware: Its brutally unfair with default settings. Only managed to get to the Astra mission #1 before virtually getting gutted by pirates and triads
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 09-26-2020, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Well I have the weekend free and was going to give this a go, any suggested edits before I start?
Old 09-26-2020, 02:09 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

2 things:
- It might be beneficial to adjust the ship item nerf in create_shop.script. Just replace all "local halfRank = (rank*0.5);" occurences with "local halfRank = (rank*1.5);" and you're good.
- The base settings are radically favouring rocketry based weapons (All rockets are basically one-shotters) so if you dislike that you might have to restore to default xml's and re-run all mutator batches one by one except the rocketry buff.
Old 09-26-2020, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

By rocketry I assume you mean unguided rockets like the mini or the dart or does that also include Torpedoes and Missiles?
Old 09-26-2020, 07:26 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I mean all types of missiles (Torpedos, darts, ung. missiles, etc)
Old 09-27-2020, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

Well I tried it with the adjustments you suggested but when I made my "Hero" his and Ace's skills were all -1 and untrainable.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:49 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Thats weird... say, if you restore the xmls to default and apply just one batch at random, will it also result in this?

Can't say that I have had a problem like that before with this
Old 09-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Still the same. Don't sweat it, it's not worth spending any more time digging around for. I appreciate your help and as always thank you for bringing new life to these old games.