Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Real Warfare: 1242

Real Warfare: 1242 New historical RTS game

Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Uhm, what we are making? We didn't announce any games about Napoleonic era so far.
Yes you did, I know I read it.

I think it's in the pdf you guys have for download.

Thanks for replying too btw.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquestheApostate View Post
Yes you did, I know I read it.

I think it's in the pdf you guys have for download.

Thanks for replying too btw.
The pdf is not official but is mine (i'm not work for 1C). Many things regarding the game future you see here (the pdf is older than 1 year) are old info I derived unofficially by russian forums using google translator.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
Uhm, what we are making? We didn't announce any games about Napoleonic era so far.
Personally I wouldn't mind if you did a Napoleonic era real time strategy game.. I would certainly be up to try it sir.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

The series description speak of "from middles ages to modern time" so I suppose, if the series go well the last step can be the napoleonic ages. Personally I will prefer the pike and musket period: from Renaissance to 30 years war
Old 10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra View Post
The series description speak of "from middles ages to modern time" so I suppose, if the series go well the last step can be the napoleonic ages. Personally I will prefer the pike and musket period: from Renaissance to 30 years war
Yes that what officialy is described in 1c page for the series.
But I hope they will release many games for middle ages before moving to next era.
I was thinking that if they make several expansions for Real Warfare 2, so first we will have Northern Crusade, other expansions will be Holy lands, next one will be Mongol Invasion and so on (all in 13th century) and multiplayer will be common for all those expansion means you can play all factions in multiplayer battles.
Next they can release RW 3 with renaissance era and so on

Just dreaming
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

I would prefer Ancient China myself.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Registered Member

I have to say as a long time TW player (10 years from shogun to napoleon and everything in between ) i was amazed by this game. Med2 had always been my favorite TW due to the period but mostly it was the last truely modable tw game i know the brigadier there may argur that point but you cant do anything to the newer games like you could with med2 lol..

From what mitra showed me and from my own digging it seems the game is pretty open for modding and i am trying to talk some old school modders across from total war games to this.

I have done alot of modelling with 3dmax for med2 unit models( and texturing skins i just always hated uv mapping them lol ) and look forward to starting some for this game now if i could wrangle up a few more modders it wouldnt be to hard to apply this game to many different periods(sword and arrow periods due to animations.)

I cant wait to see how the campaigngame will run when number 2 comes out preying early next year i honestly believe you could win away many of the older TW players to this game which for my tastes takes a more serious and strategic look at warfare
Old 12-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Developers are trying to meet your expectations
By the way, there was a wonderful feature in MTW, historical goals or something. For example, you needed to build a Grand cathedral in Paris before a certain year. Unfortunately, am i right that later games in the series don't have this feature?