Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 07-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Data delivery to Placid Docks station in Aurora: A number of ways to do this one of course but I think I may have found a bugged one.

1st choice: Stick to the edges instead of taking the direct path
2nd choice: When accosted by MSF agree to follow the route they lay out to attract the pirates
Follow the route to it's conclusion. In my game by the time I got to the last waypoint the pirates were already attacking close to the MSF station so while the chaos reigned I slipped away and headed through the next portal on my route. I got mission complete tag as I reached the last waypoint.

By doing this I did not anger the MSF and as a result they were not hostile and the trip to Aurora went without incident. On arrival at the Placid Docks station however there was no contact dialogue and I am unable to complete the task.

Same mission:
Choice 1: Take the direct route through the system. When you see the traders being attacked don't interfere. In the next and all following systems the MSF have now become hostile. Wasn't the non-interference option supposed to prevent this?

Same mission:
On route to Aurora I decided to try for the slightly longer journey and made for the portal to Kruger. Halfway to the portal mothership engines just stopped and from that moment you are stuck, unable to move in any direction. If this was put in place to stop the player from avoiding the MSF scripts in the next system it's a poor way of doing it and works too well as the only option is to load up a saved game.

Wingman AI:
The AI routines for the wingman need some work. Using Ternie as the wingman she does not stay on Hero's wing so to speak but goes off on her own to attack different targets or groups of targets that are further away. This takes her out of range for remote repair etc. and results in her ship being destroyed as she is way outnumbered.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Cleared all berserks from the precursor portal in X220 and nothing else happens. Tried returning to phantom and had a good fly around the system; Would appear that the trigger isn't working. Also astarti mothership doesn't fit into that portal, just dances around the edge of it.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Trucidation

In the mission to obtain the Pirate Mothership, you can attack the Mothership instead of coming close to it to trigger the dialog with Ternie. I blew it up expecting to get a hilarious reprimand and game over, but the game crashed instead, and LOGfile.txt containing the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGfile.txt
[EXCEPTION] 0x00603355 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)
[EXCEPTION] [INFO] Memory Usage = 120.109375 Mb
[EXCEPTION] [INFO] heapchk return = -2 HEAP Ok
It's not really a bug per se, it's just that the game script never assumes anyone is insane enough to destroy the ship; I suppose the crash is due to the game unable to find the ship (since you blew it up). This can likely be fixed by adding a check for destroying the ship, similar to the check when you destroy the Transport Mothership when it follows you right after you obtain the Pirate Mothership. (In that case you get a funny dialog from Ternie before a forced game over, check out the "your stupidest moments in SW3" thread.

Last edited by Trucidation; 09-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Hi Folks.....!

In SW3 - CW, got to the point of mission called Free Time, I should do or where I have to go to continue the game.....?

Last edited by Wakko; 10-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

Steam version of the game has been updated to 1.12. The patch was sent to other distributors as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

Default Speech

First: I have the impulse distributed version of SW3. I have to say thanks for this great game.

A while after the precursor missions you get a new pilot, the engineer Kalem.

The problem is, his speech isn't translated, he speaks in .. Russian? Not sure. This is the english localized version, at any rate, so he should be talking english.(This is the spoken comments, not written text).

Hopefully it's just a mis-called voice file or something like that. It is unchanged in both the old and new version.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Trucidation

The voice acknowledgements were not done for the english version iirc - that's why most pilots are silent (their voice trigger files are there, but they all contain silence). Kalem's voice files were perhaps inadvertently copied from the russian version instead of blanked.

There's a voice pack somewhere here, it takes the english voices from the previous 2 Star Wolves games - you can get that if you wish.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

Default BUGS and PATCH FAIL

the missile defense button for the pilots is replaced by some "string not found" text and is not operable......

also i tried to apply the patch for SW3-civil war that i had downloaded from this website and my game became inoperable.....now i am trying to restore it....

can someone help???
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

Where did you buy your copy?
Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Default BUG under mission LOG

BUG under Mission Log

NOT FOUND STRING: #L_QUEST_8C_03B

Any clue what the mission text is meant to be coz it is all I have as mission? (and is active) Thanks

BTW this bug is on star wolves 3 (Steam version)