Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Is it true the English runs smoother than the russian?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have the russian copy and I heard somewhere that the english version gives more frames. Reason I ask is if they are the same I'm not going to get the english just for the sake of the language until it is cheaper
Old 04-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

I'm in the same situation as you. Bought the Russian version and I'm waiting for the patch.

Eventhough several people already stated that the English version has no serious performance issues, I'm going to wait until they release the patch. It's really hard to get a good definition of smooth anyway. Some people might consider a certain framerate smooth whereas you and me may think it's unplayable.

The patch should be out somewhere between now and May 15 so personally I'm going to wait for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

Does the Russian version just have needlessly high system requirements, or is it running poorly on any system?

I have the English version and it plays very smoothly, but I also have extremely high end hardware, so I don't know if that would be the case for everyone or not.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Approved Member

System requirements are nothing special, it's due to bad coding.

I played the Russian version on two different systems, both meet all the requirements by far, one of them could be considered extremely high end but on both systems theres the same horrible performance.

It's not even graphics related...I play with every setting maxed out @1680x1050 (native resolution) with 8xAA and 16xAF and it's smooth as butter as long as traffic is set to 1. As soon as I up the traffic, the game starts lagging.

A lot of people on the Russian forum have the same problem so I guess that's one thing they already fixed in the English release. I don't know about the English version but the traffic implementation in the Russian version is a joke anyway. Cars are popping up/disappearing everywhere.

The more I read about the performance in the English version the more I want that patch
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Is there still the 3 activation codes that you get because I know there was a guy on here that took the files needed for activation that he already activated so he wouldnt run out of activations if you know what I mean. If I do get the digital version it will be from the official shop as it's about £5 cheaper but the 3 activations really annoy me I have 1 left on the russian version
Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Yes, it is true, English version does run smoother than Russian. Because it's already patched!