Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

The game has a very bad physic also when you drive forward on the highway.....
You need just a little brake to make a big truck run into the hardest corners of the map.
A real truck has a big understeer and cant drive in a corner at 70mph without lose traction or the trailer.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
Consider this: there is NO situation in whole game in which you are required to do such a trick.
Lol. Sry but this is not an argument. Most players play missions out of curiosity as the story goes. That is all. A lot of people want to be entertained proceeding. He wants to do these tricks, maneuvers. Me do not care a stupid race. Let AI "truckers" are drive race away go WH. I want to free ride, play tricks on. Playing with physics ..... Have attached the double trailers and back 'em how I want. (Double trailers is for a European rarity). In the game, they are not double trailers and not the physics. Sry. That these situations are not? This is a stupid argument. These "tricks" I have enjoyed. Me do not care race and missions.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danizzz View Post
The game has a very bad physic also when you drive forward on the highway.....
You need just a little brake to make a big truck run into the hardest corners of the map.
A real truck has a big understeer and cant drive in a corner at 70mph without lose traction or the trailer.
To be fair, in real-life you are correct, but in the game, when I tap the breaks at even 90mph I don't have this problem you are describing, or is it that I'm not understanding your description? What do you mean by "hardest corners of the map"?
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

I mean that some points on the map needs, in real life, very slow speed if you dont want to have troubles. In the game seem all too much easy.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I mean that some points on the map needs, in real life, very slow speed if you dont want to have troubles. In the game seem all too much easy.
I guess you mean road 108...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I got ya. Yes indeed, some of those sharp curves I take at 75mph+. In real life I would have jack-knifed, or worse. Also, have you noticed that at an intersection when making a right turn, and assume a wide outside lane posture (like a real truck) the trailer does not react as it should? It seems to do its own thing.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Yep, the trailers have their own life in this game....and now we are not talking about parallel parking.....
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post

Remember, a simulation is suppose to imitate something.
Well, RnR *IS* imitating truck driving. Up to its limits and goals.

What you are asking for is to make RnR clone of 18WoS... which is nonsense and not gonna happen. Sorry.

However, some of the tips you guys give haven't passed unnoticed. It just not the matter of patch or hotfix to implement them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
Most players play missions out of curiosity as the story goes.
Sry but do you really have an ability to speak on behalf of the most players?

Look, nobody arguing with the statement that trailers behaviour is hardly realistic. But then again, if it was realistic enough to allow you parallel parking, how many times would you do 'this trick' by itself, not asking by the game? Twice, maybe, just to be sure it works? There is just no need to do it. It is so by design.
Sorry, this game is really about missions, deliveries and competiton, all hardcore cutted.

Last edited by donnerwetter; 04-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
Look, nobody arguing with the statement that trailers behaviour is hardly realistic. But then again, if it was realistic enough to allow you parallel parking, how many times would you do 'this trick' by itself, not asking by the game? Twice, maybe, just to be sure it works? There is just no need to do it. It is so by design.
The point isn't the parallel parking, it's the rubbish physics. I think it's safe to say that most people who would be interested in this game want to feel like they're driving a truck. In order to convey the experience properly the trucks and trailers should behave like a truck and trailer would in real life. The example of the parallel parking is just to illustrate how horribly wrong the physics are.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
The point isn't the parallel parking, it's the rubbish physics. I think it's safe to say that most people who would be interested in this game want to feel like they're driving a truck. In order to convey the experience properly the trucks and trailers should behave like a truck and trailer would in real life. The example of the parallel parking is just to illustrate how horribly wrong the physics are.
I agree with you!!!