Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

i wouldn't consider 28fps playable to be honest. Anything over 35fps is smooth sailing. But the stuttering i suffer with Physx switched on still happens even at 1680x1050 which is a considerable res decrease and still the problem persists.

The VRAM of my combined cards is quite high 2.6gb approx. Should be more than enough to run the game at max even with physx ON. I can run Mirrors Edge and Batman Arkham Asylum at max and those games are both Physx enhanced and work no problem.

I just dont get why Cryostasis wont work like that when physx is on
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMaster View Post
i wouldn't consider 28fps playable to be honest.
I can run Mirrors Edge and Batman Arkham Asylum at max and those games are both Physx enhanced and work no problem.
Yeah, both PhysX Enchanced, but not at the same level of Cryostasis....
Old 10-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Approved Member

You mean they're professionally programmed and they actually work as opposed to Cryostasis? It would seem so
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You mean they're professionally programmed and they actually work as opposed to Cryostasis? It would seem so
No, i mean that no game released since now come with the PhysX implemented in Cryostasis.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

LoL my Cryostasis does not have physx. Can't get it to work without stuttering when it is turned ON so i dont have it on at all. The irony...
Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
LoL my Cryostasis does not have physx. Can't get it to work without stuttering when it is turned ON so i dont have it on at all. The irony...
In fact you said that with NO PhysX enabled the game run very well... no?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Yeah totally, 40-60fps without physx. But when physx is the game's top selling point and physx doesn't work... that's rather bad. Borders on false advertisement
Old 10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Runs fine on my gtx295 with physx turned on at 1920x1200 resolution. No stuttering. Regardless, the error you experienced has nothing to do with monitor resolution as stated-- seems more like a memory leak problem.

Quote:
Yeah totally, 40-60fps without physx. But when physx is the game's top selling point and physx doesn't work... that's rather bad. Borders on false advertisement
Physx really wasn't the game's top selling point. but sure, it was 'a' selling point. Jeez, you're a bit of a jackass.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
Runs fine on my gtx295 with physx turned on at 1920x1200 resolution. No stuttering. Regardless, the error you experienced has nothing to do with monitor resolution as stated-- seems more like a memory leak problem.

Physx really wasn't the game's top selling point. but sure, it was 'a' selling point. Jeez, you're a bit of a jackass.
I tried the game with 2GB of DDR3, then 4GB dual channel, then 8GB. Then 6GB tripple channel then 12GB. Same result - massive stuttering with physx enabled. I punched an icicle and the game froze for 3 seconds before the icicle shattered. It's definately affecting physx whatever the problem is.

I too used to have a GTX295 and i was still having the stuttering problem with that GPU in my machine. I thought maybe the game just really really took a lot of power to play. So sold the 295 on ebay and bought 3 GTX 260's for the same price as what i sold the 295 for. So after installing the 3x 260's and latest nvidia WHQL drivers/physx drivers i still got the same problem. If any physx effects take place in-game it just stutters BIG time. With physx off the game is less atmospheric but plays smoothly

Memory leaks are not cool. Patch please 1C >

BTW when the game starts and the title screen shows up with the digital countdown, after the 1C flips over the screen goes completely green and stays that way unless i hit esc a few times. This did not used to happen in version 1.0. That only started happening after i patched the game to the latest version.

Last edited by RavenMaster; 10-18-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

I try to read all these books you once read before and of course this time I promise myself not to disappear and read these lovely books by you, thank you.