Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post
Actually 18WOS has it, and I didn't find this to be a problem. The minutes moving at game time speed shouldn't be an issue, it would be expected.
OK, I see your point.
Actually, devs are considering putting some time indicator to the HUD. Maybe they'll sort it out in add-on. (Then again, maybe not)
Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnerwetter View Post
OK, I see your point.
Actually, devs are considering putting some time indicator to the HUD. Maybe they'll sort it out in add-on. (Then again, maybe not)
I'll go with the maybe not, because they don't add/fix any of the serious issues or suggestions stated by so many from this forum.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'll go with the maybe not, because they don't add/fix any of the serious issues or suggestions stated by so many from this forum.
There is dozens of reasons why they didn't fix all issues or hear to all suggestions.
Regarding issues, some of them are major, and some minor, not all minor issues can be fixed in given time (taking in account that they have to fix major issues first), and even not all major issues can be fixed for this time (sad but true).
As for suggestions, some of them are excellent while others just don't belong to this game (for example, RnR unlike 18WoS has always been about races and competition).
I can assure you that devs read this forums (and many others) and considering all suggestions.

But I guess it is already is much of offtopic -)
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
There is dozens of reasons why they didn't fix all issues or hear to all suggestions.
Regarding issues, some of them are major, and some minor, not all minor issues can be fixed in given time (taking in account that they have to fix major issues first), and even not all major issues can be fixed for this time (sad but true).
As for suggestions, some of them are excellent while others just don't belong to this game (for example, RnR unlike 18WoS has always been about races and competition).
I can assure you that devs read this forums (and many others) and considering all suggestions.

But I guess it is already is much of offtopic -)
You sound like you work for them. Any how I disagree, and I'm sure a vast majority here would too. RnR calls this game a trucking SIMULATION. A simulation for the most part is to imitate life as much as possible. Well... racing for a job, or competition delivery contracts just does not happen anymore. It's not economically sound, and it's unsafe. Companies today deal with warehouse's by reliability, reputation, on-time performance, and cost. They don't call warehouse's and say "hey, the first one here gets the contract". That has not happened since the days my father drove. When I use to drive, I wanted to get to my destination early, because I didn't want to wait for other trucks to unload, before I did. Some jobs do have a time of delivery schedule, but not a race. So, putting in a time-limit is something RnR did OK with.

We're not off-topic here. I created this thread called "Design Flaw", and I believe we are still talking about the "DESIGN" of the game.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You sound like you work for them.
He does, so at least they are reading these forums and the complaints.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

But then again, current design is different from what you saying here.
It's like, you are right, but they are right, too. RnR actually have non-competition deliveries - actually, lot of them if you count side quests.
RnR just trying to be a game, and of course RnR posess lots of 'improper' - how shall I put it? - allowances? - such as compressed time or competition deliveries.
RnR tries to entertain its players and have several ways to do it.
You can, if you want, do races and only races. Or you can build up your company. Or you can do all side-quests in the game (no one of them requires you to race or compete) and never visit a warehouse or your office. You can play storyline if you want it. If you don't want it, you can drop it.

TL;DR I am trying to say that RnR doesn't force you to play competition deliveries or races. But why to remove them completely?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatekk View Post
He does, so at least they are reading these forums and the complaints.
That's good. At least we know somebody is looking.

Quote:
But then again, current design is different from what you saying here.
It's like, you are right, but they are right, too. RnR actually have non-competition deliveries - actually, lot of them if you count side quests.
RnR just trying to be a game, and of course RnR posess lots of 'improper' - how shall I put it? - allowances? - such as compressed time or competition deliveries.
RnR tries to entertain its players and have several ways to do it.
You can, if you want, do races and only races. Or you can build up your company. Or you can do all side-quests in the game (no one of them requires you to race or compete) and never visit a warehouse or your office. You can play storyline if you want it. If you don't want it, you can drop it.

TL;DR I am trying to say that RnR doesn't force you to play competition deliveries or races. But why to remove them completely?
Heres the catch. Non competitive deliveries are very few. In each warehouse you might see 2-3 (in the large ones) and 1-2 (in the small ones). The majority is competitive, and racing. Also the non competitive ones pay the least, and if you want all the cool stuff for your truck, it will take forever to do it (if difficulty is set high).

Most if not all of the side quest have a time limit, and some are impossible to meet if you don't upgrade your truck. Which puts us back to my first paragraph.

If you abandon the story line, you won't get the final award, and win. Sure, they don't force you to race, or compete, but it would be hard, if not impossible to complete the story line without racing, or competing.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-16-2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

But at a certain scale maps which are present in the game may not be the problem. If the map scale of 1:1 and as time went on in the game now shows the game time would look weird.
It just looks weird anyway. HUD on the mile/h Are you going eg 55 miles/h and the alternation of day and night is fast and visually does not match this unit Mile/h. So there still may be the time and flow rate of game time on HUD. (Depending on the speed setting time in the game menu)...

As for the game. If I sat down and began to wonder what the game so badly I would describe the text that so many posts on the forum or not. So you will save work and write a problem for me, the most vital. And that behavior is bad physics trailer. If enhancing the game and be there the same physics, I'd always wanted not to play. For me the biggest problem. If physics corrected, then I can write another draft. Without that, it's no prize for me. So you will save time and nerves. Yet