Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Default How to join/create a private server?

I have tried to play IL-2 CoD online with a friend for the last hour but I am about to give up!

I can't join any servers and my friend can't find the one I setup! I'm not a total n00b when it comes to online gaming but this is beyond ridiciulous!

Im on a 100/100 fibre LAN and I'm not behind a router. Exceptions have been made for IL-2 in my Win 7 firewall.

Any suggestions?

My system if thats of any relevance:

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2 GHz, MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Ligthning@1.3GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1600. Corsair Force 3 SSD, Seagate Momentus Hybrid, TrackIR 5, Win7/64.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Should by "easy" - but a bit confuse.

I suggest you try join to ATAG's server - the most (and almost only) populated server of CloD.

Log on Steam
Start CloD
Click on Multiplayer
Click on Client
On Server List select ATAG's Axis X Allies (Steam version) or another if you want.
Click on Join Server and await the connection.
Done, in CLIENT BRIEFING click in one Flag - British or German/Italy to choose side
After, click in some Airbase - all available in white
Click on picture of plane available in this base to configure fuel, loadout .. or to pick another model, if available (click in the current plane name to show options).
If you click in Plane, do the same thing.

Plane done, click in OK to go back to CLIENT BRIEFING and click on CREATE (means create a flight) to spawn.

Notice: the FLY button in lower right side of screen means "Return to fly" - ie. if you hit ESC to adjust controls, video... hit this button to return to current flying.

When you proceed RTB, after landing dont click on CREATE before click on your side Flag and confirm ... "Are you sure you want leave your current aircraft?".

If you dont do this, IA take control of this plane until the server script - if available - remove then from game (the downside of "take any aircraft at any moment" wishes of old UbiZZ00... a long (and no so happy) history ago...)

Sokol1

Last edited by Sokol1; 02-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Thanx!

But you are also saying that I can't host my own games right?
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 LP | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 Lightning@1.3GHz | SSD: Corsair Force 3 | Hybrid: Seagate Momentus | QPAD MK-85 | QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 | Win7/64
Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

To start a COOP mission to player with a friend look at this:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34939

Sokol1
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 AM
Approved Member

I hope this works for me as well. I never see a 'Join' button though. Or a 'Create' button for that matter. Thanks Sokol1 =o) I'll give it a whirl when I get home from work.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Default Same problem....

Doesn't seem to have answered his question. I've got the same problem. I have fiddled with some of the dogfight missions and can run them, but how to I get a friend to find that mission and join???

I've clicked the NET button and relayed the IP and port details but he just gets a timeout, and so do I when reversed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~S~

85FG_Wolf
Old 07-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Just to be clear....

1. You have given your friend your ISP's IP and Port number (usually 27016) and your firewall is open.
2. You have gone into Multiplayer... Server.. and clicked on Net to check/set your Port number to 27016 ***, clicked Apply then named your server and given it a password (if you want to keep everyone else out) and clicked on OK to created your Server
3. You then clicked on Multi... Dogfight and highlighted your preferred mission and clicked Select (Single missions and Co-ops won't play over the web). Mission should load to map room.
4. Your friend goes into Multiplayer... Client and has selected Direct Connect, entered your IP and your port number and clicked OK (he should see loading screen then "Waiting for Battle")
5. You clicked on Start Battle (mission loads for your friend)
6. You both pick sides etc.

*** I don't know what you will see in the local IP field as I am behind a router and it shows my local network address.

You can reverse 4 and 5 but, if your friend is slow to join, the battle will have been running for however long it takes him to join.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 03-13-2016, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Just to be clear....
2. You have gone into Multiplayer... Server.. and clicked on Net to check/set your Port number to 27016 ***, clicked Apply then named your server and given it a password (if you want to keep everyone else out) and clicked on OK to created your Server
3. You then clicked on Multi... Dogfight and highlighted your preferred mission and clicked Select (Single missions and Co-ops won't play over the web). Mission should load to map room...
When I do this, then click "Start Battle" I see the text on the right:

"Select an army to chees an existing plane, or an airfield on the map to create a new one"

But, none of the bases on the map are selectable, and there are no buttons to select an army.

If I then click on Fly, I just get the external view of AI plane.
What am I missing?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

To 'Select an Army' you click on one of the Flags near the top, either the Union Jack or the split German/Italian flag. Then you should see some of the airfields in White where you can go to select an aircraft.

HOWEVER, if you want the community to join your server or you want to join another server you should know the following:-
1C Maddox Games no longer exist and have abandoned CoD. You may find others playing 'out of the box' online but you may not. There were many problems with it. But all is not lost.....

The community have taken up the challenge rather than ditch the original version and they have made a couple of patches to sort out the many game problems. Most players use their patches. Their forum is at:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php

You may want to go there, get their patches and join the fun.

Here's the patching FAQ's/guide:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ead.php?t=6431

Best of luck
klem

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders