Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Default Problem with the New Core DLL Files

I downloaded the the new core DLL files dated 3-13-2008, and made backups of the original files (il2_core.dll, il2_corep4.dll, il2setup.ini) before replacing them with the new ones. My experience with the new DLL files was not satisfacory at all - too much fps dropping; and the reason must have been that my hardware was old:
AMD Sempron 1.6GHz; 512 MB RAM; ATI Radeon 9600.

So I put the three backup files back into my IL2 folder. However, the game fps was as low as if I were still using the new DLL files.

Then, what's wrong? Is there anything I can do to restore my Il2 1946 to its original state?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Maybe you missed one? Otherwise maybe its just a placebo effect ...or have you recorded the frame rates before and after?

There was a couple of times I was sure I had improved my IL-2 performance and then I ran the numbers versus my last test and the FPS numbers were essentially identical.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
Maybe you missed one? Otherwise maybe its just a placebo effect ...or have you recorded the frame rates before and after?
Didn't miss any file. After my restoration of those files, the frame rates failed to return to their original values, but other than that, the graphics, on the other hand, looked improved. LOL
Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

... you need to re-set graphic card option/settings in IL2 setup ( every time you're changing dll's +il2setup.ini) , then fly some QMB mission for a while , restart game and you should be fine ( hopefully )

cheers
Z

Born to fly...forced to work!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for your advice!