Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Technical problems and Solutions

Technical problems and Solutions Questions and solutions

Old 12-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking47 View Post
Are you using a different map in the picture? The icons seem more spread out.
The map has 4 different views using the (ctrl+tab) keys. The view he uses I use quite frequently.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Multiple Monitor Setup

Hi,

I just recently bought the game via Wildtangent (download)

And since i have 2 23" widescreen monitor i was looking forward to get a nice set up of the game on both screen

but as of now haven't been able with my nvidia app to get the game to be perfectly split on 2 monitor's

Is there anybody that could help me get a nice mutli monitor set up?

using an app or even some external hardware.

Thanks

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-29-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

Default Wheels Have Disappeared?

Hi!

I have been playing for a couple of months and everything was working great but now i have updated my drivers for my Radeon 4890. And the wheels have disappeared and the cab interior is messed up.

I re-installed the game (did'nt help) and then I rolled back the driver but the wheels are still gone.

Any body know what I can do?

Chris

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-09-2011 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried un-installing & re-installing it after you updated your driver?

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-19-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Default Help??? - Screen Is Too Dark

I've got a problem where my game is so dark that it is difficult to see the surrounding world - especially during the hours of darkness. Daylight is liveable but at night, the game is almost unplayable as I can barely see anything. And if it is raining - forget it - when darkness falls the Headlights will not even illuminate the road surface, even with Hi-Beams turned on...

I cannot seem to find any "Gamma" or "Brightness" settings anywhere. The Catalyst Control settings do not help. The Game Menu will brighten or darken as I change settings in the Catalyst Control Center, but when I launch a game in either "Quick Race" or "Story" Catalyst Control gets over-ridden.

My question is - how can I change the brightness levels so that I might enjoy playing this game? I have done enough game modding to know that there is always a way to set the Light Levels in a game, but I cannot find them anywhere. The ".ini" or "bin" files that are not encrypted do not make any mention of gamma or light levels or video settings that I can see. So what do I have to do to make this game brighter???

- Will update with Screenshots -

Computer Specs:

Pentium 4 - 3.40ghz/1M/800 - SL7E6
ATI Radeon HD4650
Corsair XMS-3200C2Pro 3 Gigs memory
Windows XP SP3

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-26-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Relocated To The Proper Thread.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Yes, let's see some screen shots about this issue. It's the first time I've heard of this problem that I can remember. It may be a graphics card issue, or a corrupt file within the game. You may want to re-install the game. Also make sure that everything in the ‘Options/Video’ settings in the game menu is set to the max, and everything is in the on/enable selection position. This may resolve the problem. Either way I’d like to see some pics.

A typical night time shot should look like this, and are normal for the game. City scenes & bridges are much brighter, like the last pic.
(Pics are courtesy of Veemaxis, a member of this forum.)

Last edited by USA Trucker; 05-27-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Default RE:_Help??? - Screen Is Too Dark

Thanks for the quick reply back, Trucker.

Actually because of how buggy this program has been, I have tried to uninstall & reinstall many different times. I've learned to live with the Bugs as my game will not patch. I have tried to install this patch numerous times moving it around from folder to folder, uninstalling the game and reinstalling to the Directory that it wants install to and re-applying the patch again to all the different folders in the game and so on and so on... I'm over it, I'll just live with what I get. I have a Saved Game directory that is quite extensive and fortunately I haven't run into a Cap on the number of saves that you can initiate.

If I could just see the game at night time I'd be happier than a Pig in Slop. And on that note, I have dug into my screenshots and what a surprise! I discovered that all my screenshots in Rig'N'Roll see the game as it is supposed to be...NORMAL!!! Wow, I've never had that happen. It seems that no matter what game I play (where I have taken screenshots) they always display dark and I have to manipulate them in order to lighten them up so that I can display or show them off. I have never had a screenshot appear Normal on this computer since I started using ATI Video Cards. 3DFX was my card of choice until they went Boots-Up (and I never had much luck with NVidia with the exception of the Riva TNT which was a great card for its era)

Anyway, getting back on Topic - I pulled 9 screenshots and Doctor'd them up to show exactly what I see in the game. Four in the Cab and Four out of the Cab - Day, Night, & Raining (and one just screwing around). And that wasn't an easy task either as I had to go into the game several times to get it as close as I could to what I actually see. That's why it's taken me awhile to get them posted up for you. As well as the 9 edited I also have the 9 NORMAL screenshots as the game see's them. So, that's 18 screenshots in all. I reduced them in size to 1024 x 768 so they should post OK. I didn't want to flood the post with that many pictures, so you tell me how you want them posted and Ill do it the way that you recommend.

If I could just see the game as the Screenshots show, I would be happy. There has to be a way to set the gamma somewhere. Every other game I've played you can either set the Brightness through a Menu item, or if that wasn't an option you could force it through an .ini file somewhere. And if that didn't work, you could always run the thing in a Window and let your desktop control the brightness. I can't believe that you cannot do any of that in Rig'N'Roll!

Enough of my rant... Here's a Screenshot of me screwing around - waking up in the morning after reading the latest issue of Trucker's News and drinking a half a pot of Coffee. Then stepping out of the front door to fire the Rig up. The 1st pic is the Normal one as the game see's it, the 2nd is what I see in game. And as a Bonus, I threw up a pic of my Real-Life day job. Yes, I am a real Trucker and have been for the past 24 years. I don't just fantasize about it...I live it!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

OK, I see your problem. This would bug me too. So I could imagine what your night time shot looks like. Just post one, or two night shots as you see them from inside the truck looking out on the road to confirm this. That being said, I'm fairly convinced that this is a graphics card setting issue. I say this because of the dozens of complaints associated with the game, that this is a first (and I thought I‘ve heard them all). Are you sure all of the video settings in the game menu are set to the maximum features allowed, and everything is set to on? Even if it’s a simple one that you may have overlooked. I truly believe this is not a game issue. I know this game has many, but like I said, this is the first time this problem has been reported.

As for your patch problem, where did you purchase the game from? This will let me know if a patch (hot fix) is required. BTW, I was a trucker too (King Kullen, Yellow Freight, and Mayflower). You’ll find that a lot of people here are, were, or going to be truckers.

In closing, if anyone out there has had this type of problem, and resolved it. Please let us know, and give WBCody a hand. Suggestions would also be appreciated. Keep in mind that this game does not have a Gamma/Brightness setting. That in itself is a design flaw. This is a feature most games have for people with vision problems. I know a few of you are computer wizards, so let’s here from you.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

The only settings that I don't have set to max are Shadows and Reflections - they bog down the game too much. Other than that everything else is turned on and set to maximum. And yes you're right it is a graphics issue. And the problem has to do with my 10 year old 20" CRT Monitor that just isn't as bright as it used to be. Like I said before, games always run dark on my system and every other game I've played lets you set the Gamma/Brightness somewhere so it's usually not an issue. And buying a new monitor just to play this game is not in the budget right now, especially in today's screwed up economy as I can barely make ends meet as it is...

As for the purchase of the game, I bought it off eBay in a sealed retail box.
And here's a couple of screenies from in the cab at night - Rural without city lights and Raining at Dusk. The only way I can see at night when it's raining is to pick a car and follow behind using his lights as a beacon. My healights don't illuminate the road surface under the water.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Wow! That is a bit dark. As for the box version of your game, you do not need to install the Hotfix Patch. The DVD comes with it already in place. This is why your attempt to install it failed.

Happy trucking