Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

My first day off in 2 weeks... anxious to play KB all day... BAM! same stupid crash while trying to reach the Islands, since Steam automatically updated my game...

Can we hope for a fast ''before the week-end'' hot-fix?

Sigh... Why does those stupid bugs ALWAYS happens on a friday? To be sure we have to wait all week-end until next monday for a fix ?

Last edited by Levesque; 05-08-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down Response

Honestly, I’m going to judge this company based on their response to this problem. I've never heard of 1C Company prior to KB:Legends and my first impression of their works was very high. Then of course this happened, you may say that this is just a steam problem but I would say to you if it wasn’t for steam I would have never known or purchased this game. Hints if they would like to tap into "my" market again or gain a new customer of future products they better get on this ASAP.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Nawa: It is a Steam version conflict as other versions do work fine into the Isles and 1.7 has been out for a while. Nike (admin) did post an acknowledgement of the problem early in this thread. Hopefully they get it done for you guys over the next few days.

As for 1C, you should explore their library some day, they make/publish some alright games. They tend to make things that not many other companies attempt these days. Not that every gametype appeals to everyone, so you may not enjoy certain games, but no one else really makes stuff similar to King's Bounty, or Fantasy Wars, or the upcoming Majesty 2 anymore. They seem to have a bit of an influence from the 'classic' gaming days.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Before KB:TL I wasn't familiar with 1C either but on Wednesday, when I noticed Steam did not offer the manual and refered me to 1C for support, I got the manual PDF in less than five minutes (thanks to Karel at 1C). Not only that, but later in the day Steam had finally posted the manual.

In this case, however, we must remember that 1C is the publisher, not the developer, so the issue will surely take some time to be resolved.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Registered Member

I don't know if this is a problem with the patch but I played for a few hours last night and got to level 12, however, when I went to load my recent save I'm only at level 9. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, while I'm waiting for the fix to happen, is it safe to keep playing or will I be wasting my time?
Old 05-09-2009, 02:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
We are currently working on this problem. It should be fixed very soon.
Thank you for the prompt response. Do you have any estimate on when the fix will take place? The game is providing a great deal of enjoyment, and I would like to continue it as soon as possible.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

Can you guys at least get Steam to pull the 1.7 patch so we can reinstall it and play up to the last patch previous to that, because right now I can't progress any further or start a new game. As it is if you uninstall and reinstall from Steam it updates automatically to 1.7 so you're hooped. At least get the broken patch pulled please.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Just wanted to let people know that the transition works if you start a new game after the update.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsun View Post
Just wanted to let people know that the transition works if you start a new game after the update.
Ah! Thanks. I'll start a new game.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsun View Post
Starting a new game isn't really an acceptable fix I've already put a number of hours into my game.