Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Default Single Missions (Pointless for some)

So I was just playing around, with the Single Missions and I began realizing that some of the missions are just flat out pointless and achieve nothing but a single kill. I mean, all I have to do with some of them is find the single out of place Heinkel or Messerschmitt, and shoot it down with nothing else to do. And some, all I have to do is catch up with the single target, and blow it out of the sky with no reaction from the AI.

So, out of more disappointment from BoP, I ask: Why in the hell, would you waste game space for a mission; such as I have given as examples. It doesn't accomplish anything, and really could have gone to maybe adding Cockpits, accurate noise, accurate this and that. Now I know, that this sounds like another "what's the point of playing BoP" Thread, but it's just an observation to what this waste of game space is, but could have been put forth to.

Ah well, it doesn't really matter now anyways, the Dev's can't do anything anymore anyway. I just wanted to see what others thought about this waste of space with some of the missions.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

those recce missions where you fly to a series of waypoints....and absolutely sweet FA else...............I pack a good novel and have a read along the way.....its either that or land and a have a picnic.........

Last edited by SEE; 04-05-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered Member

Buy the PC version!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Approved Member

Default Picnic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
those recce missions where you fly to a series of waypoints....and absolutely sweet FA else...............I pack a good novel and have a read along the way.....its either that or land and a have a picnic.........

I say EVA, any chance of an invite? Sitting in a deckchair sipping alcoholic ginger beer whilst looking at my beautiful Spitfire MK9 sounds wonderful!!
Any chance some WAAFs might make a appearance?
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboyacebassist View Post
Any chance some WAAFs might make a appearance?
ha ha......get back to base and the CO asks ....

"encounter any bogeys or problems? "

"Hmm.........sorry Sir, I didn't look up her nose but her Knicks went down a treat!"
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaderhacker View Post
Buy the PC version!
I've got 1946, so I'm alright for now. WoP looks nice, but I like having tons of planes to choose from in the meantime.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Approved Member

Couldn't agree more. Some of the missions are a complete waste of time and pointless.

Most notably the one you have mentioned, where you fly the Hurricane and have to spot any "odd behaviour" in amongst a formation of HE111's.

Spot a lone HE111 thats acts odd then shoot it down.... dont worry, ignore the rest!! Its bloody stupid. Why do that? Seems like they had alot of free time on their hands and needed to add a few more things to the game haha.

Ah well, nevermind.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Hahaha! Well, the DLC is coming soon which will add more planes and more missions. I can't wait for coop!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hahaha! Well, the DLC is coming soon which will add more planes and more missions. I can't wait for coop!
what...?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
well fck off and play it then