Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Ok, intersting question.

At the moment not so many, if to speak about major third party MS FS add-ons publishers, but not developers... - they were all interested even when MS FS team was alive.
Also the guys that are modders now will have the ability to show what they may do when it isn't neccessary to hack

I do think there will be many in time... and of course the team that did 4.09 is in my first sight - they will get everything the first from us probably (then they will forget about Il-2 support I think).
Are we to take that to mean that the development tools available for third party developers will be freely available for use by anyone who would like to try to create aircraft or other assets for Storm of War?

In Il2 at the moment there are several major groups of modders that have grown up around the idea of creating mods for offline and online play, and also around different languages, but because the community of mod creators is split into several groups in this way, each working to their own standards and techniques, many of the mods are not compatible with each other, and there is a wide varience in quality between mods.

For Storm of War, it would be very good for all these people to be working to the same standards, with no more worrying about whether one mod will work with another and also to have the planes created by these people intergrated into the official game itself, assuming of course that these aircraft are of sufficient quality.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Not got anything constructive to say as most of its already been covered, But if i could just ask if you and your team would honour us and sign our guestbook on our website

http://www.mightydemons.com

I would mean a lot to me and my squadron.

cheers and thanks in advance..

oh word of warning.. its heavily laden with little secret spyware to get more fantastic screenshots!
(that was a joke btw for the paranoid among us )

Last edited by MD_Wild_Weasel; 10-31-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: j
Old 10-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
S~! Oleg,

As promised Sir, no questions till next update ..... but I am compelled to make small comment.

This has got to be the most important post you have made about gameplay and engine objectives and overall game ethos in several years.

I have been screaming at poor Dimitry (CrazyIvan)-he screams back ) about this for years now ........ May your online war and its tools be blessed by the Patriarch !

Please excuse me sir, I must go and cry from happiness now.....

* Cant wait till next summer
Bah! need a napkin?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Approved Member

It all looks superb. One thing does trouble me slightly though. In the views looking down on the landscape there are some very prominant and distinctive tracks in the fields. These could only have been made by modern tractors using wide crop spraying booms. These would not have existed in the 1940's when there were still more horses than tractors working the land and the chemicals had not been invented so no crops would have been sprayed. This is a silly point perhaps or maybe important considering the incredible amount of detail and historical accuracy you are striving for and achieving in other areas. Historically its a bit like including a six lane motorway in the maps. I understand it's taken from a satilite shot so maybe its there as a mockup and won't be in the final game.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingblind View Post
It all looks superb. One thing does trouble me slightly though. In the views looking down on the landscape there are some very prominant and distinctive tracks in the fields. These could only have been made by modern tractors using wide crop spraying booms. These would not have existed in the 1940's when there were still more horses than tractors working the land and the chemicals had not been invented so no crops would have been sprayed. This is a silly point perhaps or maybe important considering the incredible amount of detail and historical accuracy you are striving for and achieving in other areas. Historically its a bit like including a six lane motorway in the maps. I understand it's taken from a satilite shot so maybe its there as a mockup and won't be in the final game.
As said before in the forum, the textures are not final. They are there for testing purpose.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Default Hot As Control

In relation to simulating the aircraft cockpit controls...is there more of the hot as controls..a example is the gear...it is now just a button toggle...would be nice to have it on a programable axis....i have a full simulation cockpit and would like to have mre in cockpit controls .."S"...71st Eagles Squadron....XR-A
Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

Why in the world would someone use a axis for gear operation.
Where is the need for stageless operation???
The Gear is usually a lever or switch with 2 positions, in or out.
No need for a axis.
Me thinks.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Manual gear, maybe ?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Then one might use a wheel,20 turns for wheels down or up, ok.
Or in a emergency one can move the lever up and down to simulate a hydraulik hand pump.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

That would be cool

G940 users might change one of those unrealistic trimmers as a wheel for lowering down the gear. It's better than pressing a button a million times

If you're a G940 user and can't understand why I called those unrealistic, it's not my opinion, it's a fact. Most modern fighter aircraft have the trim on the joystick's head (don't know the exact term in English, but you guys got me, right?), as a hat switch. Want examples? Ok, here we go. F-15, A-10, Su-27/30/33/35, MiG-29/35, F-5 (OK, if you don't consider it a modern aircraft, then you have to check more on the F-5EM. It can beat, for example, any F-16 in the BVR field, so yes, it's modern) and so on. Actually, I've never saw a modern fighter jet using those, altought Logitech claimed that it was being used by such, if I remember well .