Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Sorry I do not agree. Now the most exciting and demanding method are really most eciting e demanding. Before any player could do, now one the skilled ones.

This skilled pilot you quote are just used to bomb that old way, now they have to learn again. Just this. Go training. Skip bombing is not supposed to be easy, even for good pilots. If it was, there was none reason for especialized dive bombers for better precision.

What i see is that this complains are just wounded egos of pilots not capable to score like they do before. From that supposed VVS or luftwaffe "heroes" striking massive columns of tanks and ships in one fly by.

Last edited by Ernst; 01-19-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Again the problem is the casing stops the arming of the bomb if it touches the water/land/scenery before 2 seconds.

The arming could/should have been done on the bombs velocity not contact with terrain.

As already said by TD stopping Dog Fight server spawn killers dropping bombs at home bases is the main benefit of the 2 second delay in arming.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-19-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
Sorry I do not agree. Now the most exciting and demanding method are really most eciting e demanding. Before any player could do, now one the skilled ones.

This skilled pilot you quote are just used to bomb that old way, now they have to learn again. Just this. Go training. Skip bombing is not supposed to be easy, even for good pilots. If it was, there was none reason for especialized dive bombers for better precision.

What i see is that this complains are just wounded egos of pilots not capable to score like they do before. From that supposed VVS or luftwaffe "heroes" striking massive columns of tanks and ships in one fly by.
I'd say the reason skip wasn't done routinely against shipping was that, similar to torpedo runs, for any success you exposed yourself to the broad side of the ship that you attacked, you also had to get really close to your target to release the bomb. Every gun on that side of the boat would open up at you and you had a high probability of getting shot down.

In the sim the AI is too easy to fool following a decending curved path on your attack run.

When dive bombing your generally attacking the ship in its bow/stern axis so you've got a larger margin for error in your attack. You dont get as close to the ship and the ships guns can't all get a bead on you at the same time. In the sim the AI seems to be able to predict your attack path in a classic divebombing run and you've got a higher chance of getting hit using this method.

In real life I am sure that pilots would have used the strategies that gave them the best chance of wining and getting home alive.

In the sim you'ld be a mug not to use the method thats going to get your team the most points!

If skip bombing is more difficult pilots will just practice more and still get the same amount of kills. Without changes to the AAA AI it's still going to be the safest option, therefore pilots will still do it!

Cheers!

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 01-19-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernst View Post

So the fact that a fixed 2 second fuse for all bombs is wrong isn't bothering you at all...Anyway,doesn't matter now,CoD is on the way,I don't really care anymore
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

The fixed 2 second is just because TD had not bomb fusing times for each specific bomb or the implementation time would have much more higher etc. Ask them why they used this fixed value. But i am sure this can be improved if they want.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
So the fact that a fixed 2 second fuse for all bombs is wrong isn't bothering you at all...Anyway,doesn't matter now,CoD is on the way,I don't really care anymore
It's only that the 2 sec. delay is less wrong than no delay!
Also the complaining about case and fuse, it's not modelled!
All TD can do is minimizing the errors, not remove them!

Last edited by robtek; 01-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Well, in this case they did not minimize an error, they created a larger one.

I'm with JG52Uther on this now. Cliffs of Dover will soon be out and IL2 will no longer matter.

This issue will no doubt be fixed by other means anyway.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Cliffs of Dover will soon be out and IL2 will no longer matter.

I agree 100%

IL2 is still in development and the new title will take a very long time to top it

because nowadays IL2 has come in the user's hands and no nomenclature is in

position to hold it back or reverse the process of it becoming a fair and exciting

simulation.

No worries
Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I'm with JG52Uther on this now. Cliffs of Dover will soon be out and IL2 will no longer matter.

Absolutely agree, I hope that critical settings do not get tampered with in any near future by any non 1c people.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

You guys really think there will be no such issues with CoD? It really seems like the old fallacy "harder=more realistic" which we know is not true has been turned around to "harder= less realistic" which is also not true.

I mean every plane type has similar g-limits for example (meaning by type) IIRC and every pilot is modelled the same-part of the compromise every sim programmer has to make.

Well really looking forward to spring and a whole new set of whines.*

*Not from you talking in general.